Lseats - What's the Deal?? Very Disappointing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since the new year, I have been ready to redo the interior in my '02 LX. I requested swatches in order to get my color as close as possible. My LX is Black exterior w Tan interior by the way. Received my response from Lseats that said "OK" on JANUARY 22ND. Had stated in my request too that I was ready to order as soon as I got those swatches.

Here it is March 23rd and I have received absolutely nothing.................

(other than the "OK" from their automated response generator)

How do you run a reputable business like that?

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance.

How do you keep a business like that open? Unfortunately offering a great product at a price point so good that some people will actually put up with it and buy from them. Their seat covers are really good. They stay open because of the product in spite of their customer service.

I ordered a set from Lseat last week, after an even worse experience (quality issues) on the covers from Land Cruiser Heaven. I have the number for my credit card company on speed dial to start a case if LSeat doesn't come through. I am hoping that, for something stock, with no special questions, and no requests, like for swatches, they'll get it done in a month or two. We'll see.

I tried and tried to work with them. After 5 months, numerous emails and zero progress. In the end, I took my money to Spector off road and bought some seat covers from them. Not initially what I wanted to do, but happy I went with some heavy canvas covers.

After some of the experiences here on mud, I don't know why anyone would put their money out there to a business ran how that one is.

I tried and tried to work with them. After 5 months, numerous emails and zero progress. In the end, I took my money to Spector off road and bought some seat covers from them. Not initially what I wanted to do, but happy I went with some heavy canvas covers.

After some of the experiences here on mud, I don't know why anyone would put their money out there to a business ran how that one is.
I've got a good CC company, run a lot of money through their card, no way for me to lose my funds. I call them, they'll cancel it. That may not work for other people.

Since the new year, I have been ready to redo the interior in my '02 LX. I requested swatches in order to get my color as close as possible. My LX is Black exterior w Tan interior by the way. Received my response from Lseats that said "OK" on JANUARY 22ND. Had stated in my request too that I was ready to order as soon as I got those swatches.

Here it is March 23rd and I have received absolutely nothing.................

(other than the "OK" from their automated response generator)

How do you run a reputable business like that?

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance.
You'd be surprised how many businesses run this way. Either never respond at all or promise something than go MIA and never deliver.
The sad part is lots of these types of companies are quite successful too.

Have you guys been conditioning your seats?

Just learned they run their business from a house, so that explains plenty. You'd have better luck if you are local to them. Do a search.

I ordered through LSeat and am happy with the results, although it took a while, and they are not the best at communicating...

I had a similar experience ordering swatches as described above, I think it took about 4 weeks... I actually emailed them and asked what color for a beige interior 2004 LX470, while I was waiting on the swatches to arrive. They did reply that "S0014 bisque is what you need." When I finally received the swatches, bisque was in fact the right color (great match).

I ordered the front two seats in December, and they finally arrived late January (interestingly my order on their website still says "shipped" and not delivered as of March...).

I was very pleased with the quality of the seat covers. The leather is thick, it is not the same texture as the original. In my opinion, the original leather is smooth (almost slick), and the LSeat leather has more texture (maybe grain) on the surface. The color is perfect. I was very afraid the color would be off and I would end up doing the rears as well just to match the color, but it looks great! The LSeats included the arm rests AND a center console cover piece (installer didn't want to install this, he was afraid he would break the lid... I did it myself, it was very hard to separate... There is a good write up on this here (I didn't do the write up).

I had a local upholstery shop do the seat cover install, and he charged $600. I think this was very very high for the installation (a more fair price is probably about $400). HOWEVER, he steamed the original cushions and the leather, and rebuilt some of the seat pads that had been compressed. He also said that he had to swap some of the hardware from the original covers and sew it to the LSeat covers (not sure what he did, but I know this guy personally and think he was being honest). I might have been able to do it myself, but I would have obsessed with any imperfections in the installation and was happy to have him do it...

Overall, I'm very happy with the Lseat product. However, their communication is lacking, and their delivery is SLOW. However, their price is fantastic. If you are willing to wait, they are great value.

I'll try to add some pictures later.

Lee
2004 LX470 (new front seat covers)
2000 LC (old seats, but no tears yet...)

Here are some pictures:

Before:
20180304_135041.jpg

After:
20180324_104132.jpg

Sorry for the large pictures, but maybe the detail is helpful.

Also, got new carpets.

In the "After" picture, I don't have the center console in yet. But it looks good as well.

Lee

Just learned they run their business from a house, so that explains plenty.

^^^^^^ I heard they raise their own cows too. That would explain the 'lag time' in receiving samples ordered.

It takes time to grow a cow up big enough to get a decent hide from it. ;)

Damn leej! Seeing those photos make me twice as impatient as I was when I originally posted the message.

Those seats look great. I am very jealous. Maybe I should just go ahead and order the Bisque for my '02 LX. If I skip a step or two, maybe it will happen faster. .......I wish.

Chris

I know its a pain waiting on Lseat, it drove me nuts!

Here are two suggestions on getting the color right:
1. email LSeat giving them your make and year, and ask them what color (I did this and they told me Bisque before I received the swatches...). However, I didn't order until I received the swatches...
2. send me a private message with your address, and I'd be happy to mail you the swatch sheet I received from LSeat; maybe I can get it to you quicker than Lseat (I'm in TN, you'd probably have it by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest). Let me know.

I do suspect Lseat is a small, if not a one man operation. I wouldn't be surprised if Lseat is simply processing the orders, and actually having the seat skins made somewhere else (maybe even out of the country?)

Also, while I am very happy with Lseat, there are a few things that aren't perfect. The arm rests aren't as tight as the originals. The bottom of the headrests, where the posts go through the holes, could be better; you can see it in the picture if you look closely. However, I don't think this would bother anyone but me; I'm just picky about things like this... Bottom line, its hard to beat their price, but they are SLOW and not good at communicating...

Lee

Free-range organic cage-free leather seat covers

^^^^^^^

Yep, nothing but the best.

Surprised no one is offering the covers in 'Naugahyde'. Anyone remember that stuff?
Naugahyde

The hide (hyde) of many a 'Nauga' has been employed over the years (since 1914).

Lseat update in today's email:

Order Status Changed

Hi Mark

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #8003943 is now Shipped

Order Details
Order Total: $346.00 USD
Date Placed: 13th Mar 2018
Payment Method: Credit Card
Products shipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom