double din radio fitment issue .... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what am i doing wrong here ? this is a double din radio i bought on amazon that actually says it fits the 01 land cruiser

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

Did you use Toyota brackets and make sure the holes were correct? If so remove the bezel and stereo and see if you can fit it together on a bench. If you can you know it is an alignment issue. Mine was a little tough. I started at the top and carefully worked around

Radio is too big. What does it measure from
Side to side? A lot of these aftermarket manufactures offer a bigger screen but it won’t always work in a regular double din set up.

Radio is too big. What does it measure from
Side to side? A lot of these aftermarket manufactures offer a bigger screen but it won’t always work in a regular double din set up.
it is bigger all around actually no matter how you put it in

Have in mind that some chinese android stereos are double din for europe standard, which is a few mm bigger than US.

Have in mind that some chinese android stereos are double din for europe standard, which is a few mm bigger than US.
i think that is exactly what happened. I did not even consider that when buying because it listed the year make and model and said double din..... i guess its time to modify the dash haha

Toyota has a specific radio size for double din that's 200mm wide. Standard double din is quite a bit narrower than that. If you want the factory look, you can order the 200mm trim from Toyota for the 03 on, not sure if that option was available in the early ones w/o looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom