Alignment issue 06 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sammybones

Study in Moppishness
Threads
My 06 LX w/ 130k Miles is pulling hard to the right and the steering wheel is of center to the left. I’ve had it aligned twice by different shops with no luck. The second shop gets there machine calibrated routinely. It’s not the tires, they are brand new Michelin’s.

Where should I start? Any suggestions?

Stuck brake caliper? Rear control arm bushings?

On VGRS equipped vehicles an off-centered steering wheel is easily corrected by doing a VGRS calibration and reinitialization - quick and straightforward with Techstream or slow and laborious if done manually following the FSM process. Pulling is for any of the “normal” alignment or other mechanical issues, but won’t be caused by the VGRS as such. There is a good chance your alignment shops tried to center the steering wheel with TRE adjustments, unless they are familiar with VGRS and have the appropriate vehicle interface to reset it, which is wrong. Unless your alignment is being done at a Lexus dealer it’s probably best practice to tell the shop not to try and adjust the vehicles height and don’t try and mechanically center the steering wheel unless they state they know and understand how to work with VGRS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom