93 TLC Hood Seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i recently bought a hood to radiator seal for my hood. It fits about 4 to 5 inches back from the edge of the hood. Does anyone know if there is a seal that goes on the leading edge of the hood that would sit on top of the headlights and grille when it’s closed? If so, what is it called?

There isn't one on top of the grille, only a short one on top of each headlamp (unless the vehicle had a hood protector fitted at some time.

There isn't one on top of the grille, only a short one on top of each headlamp (unless the vehicle had a hood protector fitted at some time.
Do you know if they still sell the small ones that go above the headlights?

53183-60050, 543184-60050. Seal, Headlamp Cover.

Are the headlights hard to take apart? I have a new gear drive that I want to install, but I think I need to pop the clips on the headlight lens to get into the guts to be sure they are working properly. Anyone know what it is in there? I am picturing a screw drive of some sort that is actuated by the gear mechanism.

They are not intended to be disassembled.

Very likely. The glass is glued in place with an unidentified permanent adhesive. The clips are there to hold it in place while the adhesive sets. If you are successful in getting the glass off without breaking it or destroying the housing, what will you glue it back together with?

Lenses have been changed. Heat in an oven till the adhesive softens, carefully pry out the lens, reheat to replace. It's not without risk, not intended to be serviced, but if it's already junk, what is there to lose?

Shake and Bake.:)

Very likely. The glass is glued in place with an unidentified permanent adhesive. The clips are there to hold it in place while the adhesive sets. If you are successful in getting the glass off without breaking it or destroying the housing, what will you glue it back together with?
Sounds like someone has taken one apart

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the thread hijack. I am going to try to get the adjuster moving smoother without taking the light apart and be prepared to buy a new(used) one if I have to. I am glad I asked tough, I didn't think it would be as easy as popping the clips off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom