HZJ75 Frame - Worth anything? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
Question: Is there any demand for or value in an early 90's HZJ75 frame in good condition? I've got a lead on a 1HZ I want for my -40 and I'm going to check out next week. It's still in a rolling frame and I'm curious if there is any demand for the frame/leafs? If I can recoup a few bucks from the frame so much the better - if not, it'll end up in the scrap yard. I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but I figured I'd start here. Thoughts?

The frame is located west of the Rockies.

It’s worth it to anyone whom wants to manufacture either a custom vehicle using the wheelbase of the 75 frame; Or, it would make a great frame for many of the rotted out Central and South American or Japanese or Canadian or European Land Cruisers already in the US.

This is not a trick question.

Strip it down, clean it up and sell it if you don’t need it.

It’s worth it to anyone whom wants to manufacture either a custom vehicle using the wheelbase of the 75 frame; Or, it would make a great frame for many of the rotted out Central and South American or Japanese or Canadian or European Land Cruisers already in the US.

This is not a trick question.

Strip it down, clean it up and sell it if you don’t need it.

What he said x2 many of the early troopy’s and 75 pu’s have frame damage in the rear and I am sure that someone could use a good donor frame .

Well, we'll see if I end up making a deal on the thing. I'm just trying to figure what I can honestly offer the guy and am playing the gambling game a bit on recouping some of the initial expense by selling off salvageable parts I won't need. Any idea how much I could reasonably expect to ask (Not an eBay gouger sort of expectation but a solid 'cruiser head to 'cruiser head sort of deal)?

I know my wife will be absolutely thrilled at the prospect of having a truck frame in the back yard. ;)

Last edited:
Whatever someone is willing to pay.

New frames are available from Toyota. $5900 or so. 26 weeks from the Honsha plant.

I would guess there would be some differences between a HJ and HZJ frame

Very little actually. Mainly the engine mount welds

Is there any demand for or value in an early 90's HZJ75 frame in good condition?

All 7* series parts have value to someone. They are one of the last vehicles in the world that are fully rebuildable. I saw someone selling them for $600 each in Sydney a few years back. Ex Hunter Valley coal mine vehicles, but rust free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom