Requesting help inspecting an 80 series near Kissimmee, FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TuffMudder

Still working on my FJ55!
Threads
I’m interested in buying a 97 LC but it’s over 1100 miles from me and I would like to have some concerns laid to rest before I make a decision to purchase.

Is there anyone in the Kissimmee, FL area who would be willing to take a look at it for $100?

If so, please PM me or reply here. Thanks in advance!

Rodney

Post in the Florida clubhouse, I know a couple of the guys live in Orlando and might do it.

Reason number 164 why I love these forums!

Thanks @landtank! I’ll get you an address

I almost forgot, you’re not currently in the market for a 97 LC are you?

Asking for a friend

;)

The guy says he’ll be at the park all day Tomorrow and you can check it out any time. I’m clarifying which park, where you need to go in the park to meet him and get a cell number for you.

Are you ok test driving it? I know the seats are trashed, but the rest looks good. I would like for you to check for rust (he says it’s rust free), make sure it starts up and drives normally, check to see that the four wheel drive and lockers engage properly and that his pictures are current and not from the hayday of a vehicle that has gone down hill since. Pics would of course be appreciated

If you feel comfortable doing a more in depth inspection that would be awesome, but I’ll take what I can get
@landtank

PM sent

Just my opinion.... I feel if someone is going to charge $100 to look at a LC for you they had better go over that LC inch by inch for you, as well as photograph it. What ever happened to people helping people? Everyone needs to make $$$ for doing basically nothing! Rant over.....

Just my opinion.... I feel if someone is going to charge $100 to look at a LC for you they had better go over that LC inch by inch for you, as well as photograph it. What ever happened to people helping people? Everyone needs to make $$$ for doing basically nothing! Rant over.....

Im confident if someting is out of place ill spot it. And ive never have taken money for checking out a truck even when offered.

By all means feel free to start a free inspection service so people arent taken.

@Marine7
I completely understand the sentiment 100%, but in this case, he hasn’t asked me for anything, I just listed the request with the cash from the beginning, so the blame for interjecting money into this falls squarely on me.

Given how much this will help me, I’ll be glad to pay it

landtank lookng at it is worth more $ than that

Man @landtank looks like youve got an impressive resume and that I did indeed get lucky

@landtank...... I was just stating how people don’t care to help each other out anymore, unless they are getting paid. I read the post, and I realize the OP offered to pay, which in itself is a classy move, by no means was I suggesting you were in it just for the $$$.
* and yea...... I have/will help anyone that needs a hand. Always have and I always will. That’s the great thing I enjoy about retiring at 38 years old the most.... for the last 12 years I’ve been able to do A LOT of stuff for a lot of people..... and I’m still poor! Lol
Good luck on the Cruiser!

FWIW I’ve helped dozens and dozens of folks without ever taking a dollar. Many times in my own driveway. BUT, there are definitely times when it’s REALLY inconvenient and my time is worth different to me now with a business to run. So I dont ask for money but now I won’t turn it down any longer.

The OP did the right thing and so did LANDTANK.

FWIW I’ve helped dozens and dozens of folks without ever taking a dollar. Many times in my own driveway. BUT, there are definitely times when it’s REALLY inconvenient and my time is worth different to me now with a business to run. So I dont ask for money but now I won’t turn it down any longer.

The OP did the right thing and so did LANDTANK.

I agree with this 110%! Class move to offer, and not a thing wrong with getting compensated for your time.
I think I made it look like my statement was directed to @landtank , when in fact it was aimed at the people that won’t do a thing for ANYONE unless they are paid! Hell, I live next to an older couple that still had to pay their 30 something year old son to cut their grass! (I do it now.... free). It’s fools like that that make my blood boil.

@landtank just wanted to check to see if you’d seen any of my PM’s. I’ve sent you the link to the vehicle and the sellers phone number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom