Ordering my IronMan lift today...talk me out of it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had an IronMan kit on a GX that I had and loved it. But that was almost 3 years ago and the pricing has gone up quite a bit. I’m 95% sure it’s the best way to go but OME is definitely a better price point. I’ve never had an OME lift before so for the people that have had both or at least ridden in one equipped with either, is it worth the roughly $300 difference? It’ll be going on a 2000 model LX with AHC.

people seem to love the Pro Foam
check out trail tailor - Jason sells Tough Dog suspension....into the rabbit hole you go

people seem to love the Pro Foam
check out trail tailor - Jason sells Tough Dog suspension....into the rabbit hole you go

Yeah, those ToughDogs seem to be incredible. @DirtDawg has the 53mm fronts and the adjustable rears and by all accounts seems to really, really like them. I'm leaning HARD that direction as well.

26u7b7.jpg

Reactions: BEG
Let me try to talk you out of it...

IMG_0155.jpg

... damn. I tried.
(Full disclosure: my '06 was a non-AHC truck)

Just to be clear though, the question is not whether or not I’m going to lift it but what I’m going to lift it with.

I was originally thinking OME. I heard/read the OME shocks for the 100 kinda sucked. Brian at ACC recommended the IronMan springs, TBs, shocks and SPC uppers. That was 40,000 miles ago. Still loving the setup.

I understood this to be your question. Just poking a little fun at what's become a bit of a forum meme of replacing AHC with conventional suspension as a baseline.

Gotcha

My votes for Tough Dog, but you can’t go wrong with either Ironman or Tough Dog.

I drove an ome lifted truck. Waaay too stiff. I pieced together my own lift kit, but went with iron man foam core pros which I absolutely love.

Ohthetrees:

Which OME did you drive? Stock? Medium? Heavy? I have the medium in mine, and if it were any softer I’d not be happy with it. I’ve read a lot of people saying OME is too stiff lately, so either they have changed spring rates since 2014, or daily driving a 3500 Diesel has clouded my judgement. Both I and my wife far prefer the OME in our ‘99 over the AHC in the ‘06 we had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom