Longer Wheel Studs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MTKID

Mostly Stock
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
I was looking for longer wheel studs and haven't found anything with my searching skills. These are the specs I have found for the rear studs.

14mm 1.5 thread pitch
Knurl Diameter (In): 0.65 In. Shoulder Length (In): 0.606 In
Factory length about 45mm long.
I'm looking for approximately 60mm or 2.5” long

ARP didn't offer one. Their knurl diameter was different.

Thank you!

I was looking for longer wheel studs and haven't found anything with my searching skills. These are the specs I have found for the rear studs.

14mm 1.5 thread pitch

Thank you!

whats your vehical application / year make & model ?

R U going to be using wheel spacers ?

whats your vehical application / year make & model ?

R U going to be using wheel spacers ?
? Well, the year is a 98’, but I thought it would be clear the model, and especially the make, but it just so happens to be a Toyota Land Cruiser.
I am already using a 10mm spacer on the stock studs and would like more thread engagement with Rock Warrior wheels.
If you are a vendor for OEM parts, maybe you’re aware of another model that is cross-compatible and a little longer?

? Well, the year is a 98’, but I thought it would be clear the model, and especially the make, but it just so happens to be a Toyota Land Cruiser.
I am already using a 10mm spacer on the stock studs and would like more thread engagement with Rock Warrior wheels.
If you are a vendor for OEM parts, maybe you’re aware of another model that is cross-compatible and a little longer?

Take a Look at a Toyota " Duel " Rear axle tires truck or Duelly wheel Stud , They were sold as both a cab chassis like U-Hual Used & a stake body format style .

U had the RN5# & RN7# 83-88 & the RN8# & RN9# & the VZN9# 89-95

The duel rear wheels rims used a longer stud due to the 2 piece design being sandwiched together , then bolted on the vehical with lug nuts

i have used them before on a solid front axle , with spacers and IFS alloy rims set up to get that extra length I needed

I used Slee Offroad spacers for my 2001 LX and Rock Warriors. They fit like a charm and after about 3,000 miles or so, no complaints.

Slee - Steering products

Lexus LX 470 Pictures #3.jpg

I used Slee Offroad spacers for my 2001 LX and Rock Warriors. They fit like a charm and after about 3,000 miles or so, no complaints.

Slee - Steering products

View attachment 1658988

You’re referring to the 1.25” adapters? If so, I appreciate your recommendation, but I don’t want my tires moved any further out. They tuck nicely now and sit as far out as I’d prefer. I know those are popular for many.

I also have my 3/4” adapters from the front of my rig (after putting 1” on) that I could use as the smallest adapter, but I really like where the wheels/tires sit right now.

You’re referring to the 1.25” adapters? If so, I appreciate your recommendation, but I don’t want my tires moved any further out. They tuck nicely now and sit as far out as I’d prefer. I know those are popular for many.

I also have my 3/4” adapters from the front of my rig (after putting 1” on) that I could use as the smallest adapter, but I really like where the wheels/tires sit right now.
I would recommend installing adapters over spacers, for safety reasons. It sounds like you know how these work, so I won't rehash it. Do you know if adapters are available in the thickness you want? Factory wheels often have recesses in the back that would allow the protruding factory studs and lug nuts to nest into. If not, maybe shorter studs with adapters are the answer? Either way, I'd try to avoid longer studs + spacers, if at all possible. It does look like 0.75" is as narrow as they come, unfortunately.

I only found one good extended stud thread, so it seemed to make sense to continue it.

Take a Look at a Toyota " Duel " Rear axle tires truck or Duelly wheel Stud , They were sold as both a cab chassis like U-Hual Used & a stake body format style .

U had the RN5# & RN7# 83-88 & the RN8# & RN9# & the VZN9# 89-95

The duel rear wheels rims used a longer stud due to the 2 piece design being sandwiched together , then bolted on the vehical with lug nuts

i have used them before on a solid front axle , with spacers and IFS alloy rims set up to get that extra length I needed

@RAGINGMATT I've been trying to find the studs you suggested, but may need some additional help. I can't seem to find them from an aftermarket stud manufacturer. The information I find doesn't seem to have studs for dual rear wheels, and those generations seem to have M12x1.5 threads rather than M14x1.5 when they had single rear wheels. Any chance you know a part number from your previous work?

14mm 1.5 thread pitch

Thank you!

@MTKID Did you end up finding any reasonable options?

I've been looking for a solution myself for a little while. So far, I have only found 3 options:

Nice Products S6330 stud at 73mm long (Must ship from Australia, expensive @$12 each)
Kyo-Ei SBLC stud at 55mm long (Special order from Japan, still expensive ~$8.50 each)

The 3rd, possibly undesirable option I've entertained,
Dorman 610-471 NOT METRIC 9/16-18 at 64mm long (Must use SAE / standard lug nuts)

Thank you, Chris

what would be nice , is to fine a Dually stake body TOYOTA 2WD Pickup , or a Old Uhaul Truck too

and get the 17 digit VIN out of the windshield

toyota parts dept can then enter into Dealer Daily EPC at dealership , and give u a concrete part #

to my Best of my knowledge TOYOTA wheel studs thread pitch and diameter was same from at least mid 1970's till

My 2005 TUDRA DC 4WD is today , they have 21mm lug nuts wrench size

i willl try, to get more information for u ,

Uhaul has retired its entire TOYOTA fleet , including the few 3.0 V6 89-95 body styles they kept introducing into the fleet during the early 1990's

i know this fact because several years ago I bumped into some unique TOYOTA pickup parts on Ebay , and seller was Uhaul corporate

that Led to Thousands More parts listings , including things like wheel studs

it might be worth a look see to see if they OFF'd all that inventory or not ?

if they had a wheel stud toyota it would almost certinly be a Dually Axle long one we are looking for

just some ideas above ..................:)

I only found one good extended stud thread, so it seemed to make sense to continue it.

@RAGINGMATT I've been trying to find the studs you suggested, but may need some additional help. I can't seem to find them from an aftermarket stud manufacturer. The information I find doesn't seem to have studs for dual rear wheels, and those generations seem to have M12x1.5 threads rather than M14x1.5 when they had single rear wheels. Any chance you know a part number from your previous work?

@MTKID Did you end up finding any reasonable options?

I've been looking for a solution myself for a little while. So far, I have only found 3 options:

Nice Products S6330 stud at 73mm long (Must ship from Australia, expensive @$12 each)
Kyo-Ei SBLC stud at 55mm long (Special order from Japan, still expensive ~$8.50 each)

The 3rd, possibly undesirable option I've entertained,
Dorman 610-471 NOT METRIC 9/16-18 at 64mm long (Must use SAE / standard lug nuts)

Thank you, Chris

I never found anything but I did ask @RS6tofj80 about a set of 5/8” spacers he had for sale which is an uncommon width. He said he had sourced longer studs for these spacers and this was his response...

“BORA offers them along with the custom spec spacers... you can request almost anything.”

I’d reach out to them about a custom length. This company is also known as Motorsport-Tech.

...“BORA offers them along with the custom spec spacers... you can request almost anything.”

I’d reach out to them about a custom length. This company is also known as Motorsport-Tech...

I contacted them today as suggested. They said they don't have any M14x1.5 studs available with a knurl larger than 16.0mm in diameter (We would need 16.3mm minimum). They suggested they make all sorts of sizes for their spacers, but not necessarily for the vehicles.

I contacted them today as suggested. They said they don't have any M14x1.5 studs available with a knurl larger than 16.0mm in diameter (We would need 16.3mm minimum). They suggested they make all sorts of sizes for their spacers, but not necessarily for the vehicles.

Well, that's too bad. Another resource shot down. Thank you for reaching out to them for us.

Any luck with this quest? Weird nobody has run into this before.

I ran into this when I changed the wheels on my 200

Search for Kyo-Ei SBLC. Got mine from Global Rakuten. They’re 10mm longer than stock studs on the 200. Another option would be the Dorman 610-331 but I have not verified that

EDIT - oops didn’t see that you already posted on the thread I linked

Last edited:
Thanks for your research. I'll try the Kyo! Edit: Looks like 120 bolts and 40 shipping, but back-ordered.

Last edited:
how much thread did you have left on your wheel studs after? I used a 1/4" spacer and only got about 4 1/2 turns on my lug nuts. No bueno
I did my Rock Warriors over 3 years ago, so I don't remember exactly how many turns on my lug nuts but, it seated well.

I rotated my tires myself about 6 months ago and checked everything with a torque wrench. All the spacers were still tight & torque exactly to whatever Toyota said to torque the wheels down too (I have forgot the torque spec & don't want to tell you wrong).

I did my Rock Warriors over 3 years ago, so I don't remember exactly how many turns on my lug nuts but, it seated well.

I rotated my tires myself about 6 months ago and checked everything with a torque wrench. All the spacers were still tight & torque exactly to whatever Toyota said to torque the wheels down too (I have forgot the torque spec & don't want to tell you wrong).
was it a simple spacer that goes between the wheel and the rotor? or did you use one of those wider adapters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom