Builds My FJC to GX 470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We were supposed to get snow tonight so I pulled the truck inside to try and finish off replacing the front suspension. Everything went surprisingly well and I THOUGHT I had it licked but Murphy says it’s always the last bolt... or wrong bolts that will stop you dead in your tracks!!
I got the UCAs out and installed new LR UCAs, removed the OEM coilovers and replaced my OME 885s and Nitrochargers, replaced the swaybar endlinks with my disconnects. Had both sides buttoned up and was down to installing the swaybar relocate spacer and hit the wall. My brother-in-law helped me strip the FJC before selling it and inadvertently reinstalled the wrong bolts after he removed the relocate kit. I now have 4- 1 1/2” bolts.... need to run to the hardware tomorrow morning to grab some that are 3/4” or less.

It’s 10 minutes worth of work and then reattaching trim and miscellaneous crap.

A not so special pic of progress
AF480A9A-1BD0-4EB4-9D39-F3C3EEE852F7.jpeg

Stopped at the hardware store first thing this morning and picked up proper hardware to finish the job. Need to work the inner fenderwell plastics near the front a little but other than that, not catching the body mount or anywhere else.

And just in time to go play in the snow!
F74B4DDD-A17E-4261-97E5-8977B54DD0CD.jpeg

I have 8.5X17, 0 offset,Vision Manx w/ 285-70-17 Cooper ST MAXX. Used to also run spidertrax 1.25” spacers on the FJC to get the the tires out to the edge of the body. They also helped when a rear tire was stuffed with the extended travel in rear. Was never excited about resorting to spacers but they did the job. Glad this wheel/tire combo fits the GX so well. I personally couldn’t ask for them to line up any better.

2F425A06-72D6-4BC3-AC3A-9AAB26EB7CEC.jpeg

A few more parts arrived today so at least I have something to tinker with tomorrow. Extended rear brake lines and a new Johnny joint to replace my mangled one.
D42DDBAE-FB6F-478B-9084-3CC137044443.jpeg

BTW, Bavaria likes you :D

No pics today but trimmed and refit the inner front fenderwell liners on the drivers and passenger side along with a little trimming. No more rubbing...
Also started to salvage the upper bits of plastics from the running boards to reattach. I had to take a break to do front rotors and pads on my daughters car so didn’t get everything accomplished.

Hope to reattach everything tomorrow along with getting rid of the chrome.

Got the truck out of the alignment shop today. All is right in the world again! Driving smoothly and specs are good. Lower bolts were a pain as usual but they got it with some patience.

Nothing much happening while I wait on some parts so I added much needed HP over the weekend while the Sun made an appearance for a day!
8C4C794F-4EAF-4011-AE0E-749456D59520.jpeg

Picked up the decal from Cruiser Gear. Really good quality IMO and easy to work with.

Truck is looking great Jody! Are you thinking of a front bumper? I'd really like an ARB for ours.

Andy

Haven’t decided what I’m going with yet Andy, but a bumper is on the shortlist after I’m done with the essential armor upgrades. You know the Keystone folks, they can be hard on a rig! I do like the like the ARB as well. Also looking at MTs front bumper. I kept my winch and accessories from the FJs ARB so I’ll probably end up going that route as it should be an easy swap. I’d hoped to sell the ARB bullbar from the FJC but the deal happened so fast, didn’t have time to get any takers for a swap. Guess it’s down to selling a kid at this point to finance the bumper!

Few maintenance updates. Swapped out the gas cap, swapped fluids, had the AC charged, picked up a console cover/ delete piece and
have re-purposed my Rugged Ridge liners from the FJ into the GX. Pretty decent fit and saves me $$$ and the carpet inside.
Hope to have some sliders arriving soon so I can get this rig out on the trails!

Check out RPM Fabrication’s in Chandler Arizona, I just posted a few pictures of my rig with brand new front bumper rear bumper and sliders. I was the guinea pig now he’s got the plans on CAD for any other takers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom