Partial loosening the rear of the headlining? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Still busy with my extra lights on the rear. It would be nice if I could 'hide' the cables behind the headlining.
I wonder if it is possible just to loosening the rear of the headlining without having to unmount the whole headlining? I have read on the forum that the headlining is pretty delicate and I don't want to break anything.
The alternative would be the cables underneath the headlining and then 'hide' them with some kind of cable tray, but it would not look so nice as hiding behind the headlining.

Ciao, Jurgen

Sigline says 95 but not sure which market being hdj

Jurgen. I was able to unclip the rear headliner on my 95 and fish wires from the dome light to the rear hatch without any problems. I would losen more than just the rear fasteners. Go 2-3 rows of screws up to allow some droop.

What year?
Sorry, should have put that in the first time. It is a 1995 HDJ80, EU spec VX. "HD"J stands for the diesel version (6-in-line).
Very popular over here, but harder to get every day, unless you don't mind 500.000+ km.

Sigline says 95 but not sure which market being hdj

Jurgen. I was able to unclip the rear headliner on my 95 and fish wires from the dome light to the rear hatch without any problems. I would losen more than just the rear fasteners. Go 2-3 rows of screws up to allow some droop.

Thanks, jfz80. I will post a pic after we have installed the extra lights.

Ciao, Jurgen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom