Front e-locker actuator install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently removed my front elocker actuator to remove a frozen connector and damaged harness. I purchased a new Oring and looked up the FSM and discovered that the gear alignment is off for reinstallation. It locked just fine for removal. Wondering if it has been previously removed and not installed correctly. I tried a AA battery to reset it but it didn’t move.
C50CB194-0F45-4842-945D-56EFB60984EA.jpeg
0BFB9003-54E2-4BA8-99B6-EF606758C8D9.jpeg

Thoughts on how to index it? Are AA batteries too light weight for this? Thanks!

If using a battery to test the actuator it should be a 9v variety and a fresh one.

Edit: good call on the diagram. I believe the difference is i was thinking of powering the actuator while still on truck and engaged. I think landtank has a good right up on the actuator rebuild that has some good notes.

Last edited:
I may just try the car battery. The diagram says 1.5V.

9v battery works perfect. Use it to rotate counterclockwise facing gears. Then are sure your locking mech is all the way to the pass side. Should install perfect. Might need the tires raised to be able to move pin. You can also test continuity between 4 and 5 and 4 and 6 i think on the plug. Its in the writeup from land tank which is open and which is closed. Was just doing this last week.

Thanks for the tips. Had some time tonight and was able to reindex it and install it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom