Anyone Have Early Defrost Hoses That'd Be Willing To Let Racer65 (Roger) Borrow To Reproduce? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most Land Cruisers through ‘65 or so did not come with heaters from the factory, various dealer installed units were common. Among them, Hupp. Here a thorough discussion in the 25 forum - Early Box Heaters

Shoot, my ‘64 FST didn’t even come with defroster vents, much less duct tubes.

I used SOR as a reference for years. How about defrost hoses for a 1965-67 FJ40 series FACTORY heater...
Screenshot_20180319-205854.jpg

When it comes to SOR you can not trust their dating for the early years. Never seen a FJ40 made before 1961. Yet they almost always list the FJ40 back to 1958. The year a few FJ25s we're imported but that wasn't the first year of the FJ25. From mid 64 until the change to the modern hard top the factory heater was a option. Toyota did install many defrost vents prior to this to use with aftermarket heater, some like the Eating were sold thru dealers. There is also the rare Nippon-Denso heater. All the heaters would be mounted above the passenger's feet and would not use the same defrost hoses as the factory heater.

Please tell me you're planning on making them fit '69 - '73 :clap::clap:

I contacted Racer a few weeks ago about this and he wasn't interested. I am glad to see he changed his mind!

@whitey45 has a good elbow that he's willing to let Roger Borrow (thanks Whitey!).
Just need the defrost hoses for a 40 series factory heater '65-'67.
Anyone know if the right and left hoses are indeed side specific (I would imagine different lengths?).

Thanks

They are different lengths. Let me know if you want these?

IMAG00021_zpslc4g3xsy.jpg

IMAG00011_zpssdz1ome0.jpg

20180304_1715091_zpsedk6nw5y.jpg

How about a run of 1968-1972 ducts, too?

You talking about the duct or the boot that goes from the duct to the heater? The duct should be pretty easy to find. Boots are usually dry rotted and cracked. Think SOR sells replacement boots. Maybe a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom