Time Sharing the ownership and repairs of a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am becoming less attached to my 60 but would not mind sharing the cost of ownership with some one that has a garage. Also...it may be the other option...it needs lots of work. When the inner rails are toast and the shock cross tube is gone "last idiot stole the new one I had made". It has some rust in the rear quarter panel areas. It will need a new clutch. The axle seals for the 4x4 need to be replaced. I have a long list of things it needs. It probably is not worth keeping but any of you people thought about "time sharing" a 4x4 ...just like it is done for a small plane?

What about liability? would two separate insurances be placed on it? or has anyone ever thought about renting out a 60 cheaply?

I think if you're in a position to need to dual owner a 30 year old rust bucket in order to keep it, it's probably best to sell it for $3500- or whatever you can get for it. A small aircraft is an expensive toy to own and upkeep and they aren't used much. Sharing a plane makes a lot more sense. Or a boat. But an old car with lots of deferred maintenance? I can't see that happening.

dogs, cars, women, and gubs...get your own. IF YOU DARE!!!

Sell while it's still able to drive from point A to B.

Sell while it's still able to drive from point A to B.

Says it needs a clutch, rust on the frame may be past that point already. My guess it may not even be registered for the road. Good luck even finding someone who would be willing to take on the project. Obviously been sitting outside. Having a shared project in someone else garage that most likely sit for a long time before it's even road worthy. I think even a plane in this condition would be hard to find a half owner. If I'm going to take on a project and have it at my place it will be mine.

Does remember be of a cabin that was built on a lot we use to own. Couple went thru a divorce and the guy tried to sell half ownership so he could at least use half the time. No one was willing and the whole cabin got sold. This was a complete cabin not a project and he couldn't get anyone to buy in.

Only way to do this is to GIVE it to some body and then if they ever sell it, agree to split whatever it sells for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom