4BT dynamic timing spacer on VE Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
Had my buddy Bryan over for dinner with family and he told me he just had a dynamic timing spacer put on his 6BT Fummins VE Pump. Noticed a big difference on the responsiveness in the throttle... i.e. It was ready to roll, compared to a delay without it. Any 4BT swappers had one installed. It's about $100 but said I should get one for my swap.

Yep, I run one. I'm used to it now but reading back when I installed it I noticed better power as well.

Yep, I run one. I'm used to it now but reading back when I installed it I noticed better power as well.
I thinking of this route with HX30 and waiting on compound turbos.

The spacer will allow you to run less static timing advance for better low end grunt and easier starting but still have a higher dynamic timing advance to get better burn in the upper rpms. You'll be pretty happy running the just the HX30. You're already going to have more zip than the 2F did.

That's what my buddy Bryan said with his 68 Fummins 6BT. Compared to the 2F Pig I'm sure just the 4BT with HX30 turbo will be light years ahead. Add the Dynamic Timing Spacer and its warp speed ahead... compound turbos... the diesel motor is an amazing thing!

Run stock timing if you add it. I blew my head gasket 2 weeks after adding it and not bringing them Ming back down. I also was pushing 40psi on the original bolts and in opened doner bread truck engine. So that might have had something to do with it also.

But really several people running advanced pump rotation and dynamic advance have had issues. Best of both worlds with it stock timing to keep the low end where it needs to be.

This prolly isn't for me. This was their response below. The 4BT with HX30 is going to be so much different than the 2F.

We take PayPal, money order or personal check (checks add 5 business days) sorry not set up for cards

I would need to know your email used for PayPal, If you are going to mail payment let me know first.
Mailing payment let us know so we can hold item for you. will hold for 1 week
Also need to know US or Canada for shipping

Prices subject to change without notice
USA shipping $7 flat rate for small parts 1 to 3 business days once shipped
Canada shipping $45.00 for small parts US Postal service flat rate express 3-5 business days or $25 for 6-10 business days for delivery, customs charges if any are customers responsibility

All Fuel pins cost $110.00 each, all fuel pins gain is 40 HP. Fuel Pins M2 ,M3, M4 & M5 all pins in stock
dynamic timing advance cost $100.00 25 hp gain in stock limited supply
3200 gov spring cost $22.00 in stock
Smoke control device cost $110.00 helps REDUCE smoke sorry out of stock
Banjo bolt delete kit $30.00 in stock

These fuel pins are for the First gen Dodge trucks 1988 to 1993 that has the Bosch VE injection pump

All fuel pins add approximately the same horsepower at max fuel, the M5 fuel pin will smoke a lot.
We do not recommend the M5 fuel pin for street use.

what we have recommended so far the 6BT Cummins is
the M2 or M3 for manual transmissions
the M3 or M4 for automatic transmissions
M5 is the playpin not recommended for street use
All of the fuel pins will work in manual or automatic transmissions.
maybe a little lag in pick up with M2 in auto transmission

The dynamic timing advance does not keep your timing high all the time, like
bumped timing would so the heat is not there all the time. your egts will

still show the difference since the hot gasses out of the cylinder go right
to the pyro prob, and they cannot cool off that much that fast. Any extra
heat that might be put to the cylinders should show up in your water temp.
Gauge before any damage would be done to the engine.
Remember at factory settings the engine is rated for 1200 degrees all day
long. You might just have to use your judgement. If you don't like how it
runs, sounds, or feels back out of it. Since the timing is variable with
load, rpm and fuel pressure, I think the timing stays right where it should
be most of time

Patty

Run stock timing if you add it. I blew my head gasket 2 weeks after adding it and not bringing them Ming back down. I also was pushing 40psi on the original bolts and in opened doner bread truck engine. So that might have had something to do with it also.

40 psi on a single turbo?

I ran it with my old 80 series with the 4BT. Unfortunately, I don't remember how big a difference it made over just swapping in the HX30 with the small turbine housing. The HX30 swap really woke up my engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom