Pully on oil pump cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm in the process of replacing the oil pump seal thats leaking and noticed that there is no pully on my oil pump cover like I've seen on every other 1fz-fe . The hole is there just no pully. Looking at it I don't see what the purpose is. I appreciate any help on this ! Thanks All!

It's an idler pulley, adds very little deflection to the belts, often removed when it fails or cogged replacement belts are installed.

So I'm in the process of replacing the oil pump seal thats leaking and noticed that there is no pully on my oil pump cover like I've seen on every other 1fz-fe . The hole is there just no pully. Looking at it I don't see what the purpose is. I appreciate any help on this ! Thanks All!

Not sure what they are for, if anything? The obvious would be to reduce belt slap, but the span is short, don't see the need. Mine has one, because I was dumb enough to buy a new one when it became noisy, wont do that again. Most that we work on don't have them, zero issue, some have been that way for a decade or better. When we take them off, always put a bolt (IIRC M10x1.25) back in the hole and torque to spec.

Not sure what they are for, if anything? The obvious would be to reduce belt slap, but the span is short, don't see the need. Mine has one, because I was dumb enough to buy a new one when it became noisy, wont do that again. Most that we work on don't have them, zero issue, some have been that way for a decade or better. When we take them off, always put a bolt (IIRC M10x1.25) back in the hole and torque to spec.

Ok thanks

I ran for 25K miles without it and didn't know I needed it. After I went through and did a LOT of work, I decided the engineers put it there for a reason, so I bought a new one and installed it.

I get about 30 MPG now.:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom