How do i take off this dash panel!!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do i take off this dash panel!!?
Ive taken all the screws out of the bottom but still stuck in there. Do i need to take out the top dash pad? I just need to replace the busted out clock.

image.jpg

Pull. It has friction clips.

There are (6) screws and (2) clips. The clips are at the upper left and right corners (near the clock).

upload_2018-3-18_16-5-14.png

upload_2018-3-18_16-3-58.png

upload_2018-3-18_16-4-22.png

upload_2018-3-18_16-6-0.png

Ive tried pulling on those ends with the clips with no luck

This helps:

20180227_155842.jpg

FWIW, it's a real PITA to get the '93-'94 panels past the steering wheel. You can drop it on the seat by removing two bolts and two nuts under the trim panel.

upload_2018-3-18_16-12-7.png

Or do what I do and remove the seat and drop it on the floor.

Ive tried pulling on those ends with the clips with no luck
It's 24+ years old. It may break. There is no magic here, it has clips and it will have to be pulled.

On the plus side, everyone with a newer style dash is jealous of your alarm clock.

With the prytool i got it off thanks so much for the advice with the clips!

:) thanks everyone! Just bought the 80. Clock looks like some agression got taken out on it, was installing a cdl switch so i picked up a used clock off ebay for 30$ after research i saw there was aftermarket versions but its ok. Thinking about doing the 7pin mod but i need to research more

image.jpg

This helps:

View attachment 1657038

FWIW, it's a real PITA to get the '93-'94 panels past the steering wheel. You can drop it on the seat by removing two bolts and two nuts under the trim panel.

View attachment 1657040

Or do what I do and remove the seat and drop it on the floor.
Thank you! Extremely helpful!!!! This fourm blows me away by the knowledge and quick response thank you everyone! I wanted to see if i could replace the bulbs in the gauge cluster but saw that it was near impossible to pull it out with the wheel even tilted all the way down. Thanks so much for that diagram !

If it is still reluctant to move, despite your best efforts, remove the radio. You can reach up, behind the clock, with your right hand, and push while you pull the trim panel with your left.

That spring is probably the toughest on the dash.

It's 24+ years old. It may break. There is no magic here, it has clips and it will have to be pulled.

On the plus side, everyone with a newer style dash is jealous of your alarm clock.

I’m not. I wish it told me the outside temperature like the one in my Camry, though.

Oh, it's not that bad. You just need an extra car bay for the parts...

Hook up a chain and pull it out in 4 lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom