Overland Expo-2018! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Overland Expo-West.......It will be here before we know it!!

This is, at this point, our schedule for Overland Expo.

• 5/16-5/17? Travel Day. (Montana to Ash Fork, Az. 1-2 days depending on stops.)
  • 5/17- Relax in Ash Fork for the day and scope a camp spot at Expo.
  • 5/18-5/20- Overland Expo. (Flagstaff, Az)
  • 5/20-?-Back to Ash Fork then somewhere else.
My family has property in Ash Fork, Az (Appx. 1 hour from Expo) and they have opened it for us to use. It's approximately 40 acres and land locked. I have coordinates for both the entrance and the property itself.

Anyone who wants to travel let me know.

Will be a blast!!!! The drive alone is worth it!

Bryan W. Mansell
406-224-2136

Last edited:
Hey Bryan,
Thanks for the offer! Your family property sounds like a great resource for those heading down, especially anyone not camping onsite during Expo! At an hour out you could possibly even use that as camp for the weekend.

Bryan, if you don't mind your thread being hijacked I think this would be a great spot to collect those of us attending.

I am going, already purchased tickets, and am camping onsite. Due to my current camp setup breaking down everyday just to travel back and forth to the same spots isn't worth it.
5/15 evening or 5/16 morning: depart Bozeman
5/17 evening: check in to Expo camping
5/18-5/20: Overland Expo West
5/21: Head North.....
I haven't pinned down any schedule heading home yet, too many options. The couple top contenders on my list are North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Capitol Reef, and of course Moab is always a possibility.

Who else is going?

No problem Lax. Set it up for that reason. Wanted to start a dialog for those of us that are going.

Absolutely, it is a viable resource for weekend camping, especially for those who only plan to go to Expo on Saturday. We are planning to use Ash Fork as a lay over on the front and back end of expo. It will, also, be a nice place to re-coup after the trek down and to finalize any return plans after expo. There are numerous options depending on plans. We will be camping at Expo as well.

With that being said, those planning to use the property please send a quick message with number of rigs and approximate dates so that way I have a rough idea how many plan to use it. The property entrance can be tricky to locate (intentional) so those of you planning to use it will need directions. If there are enough interested I can figure out a "land mark" to place at the entrance. Still in the conceptual phase.

We have thrown around the Moab idea as well. We've never been so figured hey.....

A number of us from Go Fast Campers wil be heading to Expo...haven’t nailed down what and how many trucks yet. I’ll keep ya posted

Our schedule has been finalized.
We will be leaving 4 Corners at Wednesday, 5/16, at 4 am and bonsai to Ash fork AZ. Appx 16 hour drive.
Thursday, 5/17, will be spent on/around the property relaxing and exploring.
Friday-Sunday Expo.
Sunday back to Ash fork after expo.
Monday, unfortunately, we have to go into Phoenix for business. We will then return to Ash fork Monday night and leave for home early Tuesday morning and make a straight shot. Due to my work schedule change, we will not be doing any side trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom