what's the scoop on the upcoming Red Canyon trail run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so haven’t been messaged by anybody so if someone that is for sure going send me a text or call me so I know when u are going to be in town... or coming down the shelf... whichever.. 719-371-three three 97
Much appreciated, Chase

I will take your number down and ping you when we leave from Safeway in the AM on Saturday. I am not sure the plan exactly but it sounded like you knew the area a bit. In talking with a buddy offline he said a meeting spot on the way into Canon is Coyote Coffee in Pinrose. Does that ring a bell with anyone? So maybe we meet at the usual spot in the springs (S. Nevada Safeway) and then catch the rest of the folks at Coyote Coffee in Pinrose? If that is work able that gets us started and all in the same location to start... Thoughts?

(not sure why quote is not working for me so... )

" The standard meet for South runs is the Safeway on the corner of S Nevada and E Cheyenne Road, up in the corner of the parking lot, closest to, and overlooking that intersection.
CB channels is normally 4
HAM channel 146.580
Out of town meets are usually earlier, 7:30 or 8:00 meet.
Not sure if everyone wanted to go down hwy 115 to Canon City, or through Cripple Creek down Shelf road."

Ok so haven’t been messaged by anybody so if someone that is for sure going send me a text or call me so I know when u are going to be in town... or coming down the shelf... whichever.. 719-371-three three 97
Much appreciated, Chase

I shot you my number in a PM.

I just checked in with Yotaboy Chase...I'm going, my niece and family are going also in their Taco TRD (they are going to camp out Sat nite there,) and we will be at the Nevada Safeway hopefully by 8a or shortly there after. From there, connect at the Coyote Cafe in Penrose? We can meet with Chase at the park.
What is the shelf and is it longer to go that way? If so how much longer? Or maybe return that way?

I googled the shelf road. probably take too much time using it to get to Canon City?

Last minute and there seems to be a lack of organization for this trip. I will step up. Meet at Safeway (S. Nevada & Cheyenne Rd.) between 7:30 and 8:00. Travel Hwy 115 to Canon City. Meet yotaboy and anyone from Pueblo area in WalMart parking lot (SW corner). yotaboy can lead us from there, to Bank loop, Red Canyon park, Seep area and Temple Canyon if time allows.

Last minute and there seems to be a lack of organization for this trip. I will step up. Meet at Safeway (S. Nevada & Cheyenne Rd.) between 7:30 and 8:00. Travel Hwy 115 to Canon City. Meet yotaboy and anyone from Pueblo area in WalMart parking lot (SW corner). yotaboy can lead us from there, to Bank loop, Red Canyon park, Seep area and Temple Canyon if time allows.

Thanks so much for picking this up and putting it together. You’re hired!

Good time, thanks all.
20180317_105400.jpg

We've been to that spot and I recognize that 40!

Reactions: SAS
Thanks for the photos!

Is that arch in the Seep Springs area?

Nice crowd. Whose place is that where the group photo was taken?

Excellent pics ! Quite a day up there and a good turnout.
The trails were more rugged than some of us expected and personally I have stiff fingers and general overall body abuse from tensely hanging onto the wheel and bracing myself for some of the rock ledge encounters which were numerous.
What's next?
I'm looking forward to the summer season when the 40 can operate sans doors and top.

Looks like a great turn out! Thanks for everybody taking up the slack on this run. Ended up at the hospital for about 24 hours into Friday, but I think all is good now. Got my meds worked out and I'm back on my feet. One more hurdle I'm over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom