Is This LX Worth $10K? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
superoil.com
I'm looking at an LX and since I have no experience with the 100-series, I need your help in valuation!

Here's the ad and some pics.

"Very clean 2001 Lexus LX, 4x4 loaded great shape, no dents, paint great, updated radio,wifi,backup camera, entertainment system, has third row seats (not shown in photos) no rust, all maintance thru lexus dealer, major maintance done within 2 yrs, (timing belt, water pump,all fluids, CV joints,) brand new brakes,rotors, Yokohama tires, Interstate battery. Strong motor with no leak s and doesnt burn oil, Needs nothing, No smoking or pets. 170 K miles, Just getting broken in as these models easily go 300K miles and more. Just like Landcruiser but with a few extras."

Your advice will be much appreciated!

00y0y_8JxWkHyeo2V_600x450.jpg

00h0h_15SR5TWlsJR_600x450.jpg

00z0z_2Kqx9VE4S1x_600x450.jpg

00s0s_bVcd9X2o9um_600x450.jpg

00L0L_81bpVTkgLY8_600x450.jpg

At least worth a drive. 10k is good if it really is all it says it is but adds rarely are. read as much as you can to identify what to look and feel for.

I’d say it’s way better than that 62 you were looking at, by the ad and limited interior or undercarriage pics I’d say yes, it appears to be a nice cruiser, and decent mileage for the price try to get some history on the truck and be sure it’s a southern vehicle

I’d say it’s way better than that 62 you were looking at, by the ad and limited interior or undercarriage pics I’d say yes, it appears to be a nice cruiser, and decent mileage for the price try to get some history on the truck and be sure it’s a southern vehicle

Thanks a bunch .

I'm trying to find a Cruiser for a daily driver at $10K or less. I drive about 300 miles a week. (I drive 150 miles, then the truck will sit for 5 days and then 150 miles back home.)

I have 2 FJ40s, but they're not suited for daily driving in Texas.

I know very little about the 60, 80, and 100 series.

I've also found a couple of 80 series that I'm gonna ask for some help on too.

I really appreciate your advice!

Thanks a bunch .

I'm trying to find a Cruiser for a daily driver at $10K or less. I drive about 300 miles a week. (I drive 150 miles, then the truck will sit for 5 days and then 150 miles back home.)

I have 2 FJ40s, but they're not suited for daily driving in Texas.

I know very little about the 60, 80, and 100 series.

I've also found a couple of 80 series that I'm gonna ask for some help on too.

I really appreciate your advice!

Work has me using my 2003 for a similar situation (400 miles each way, roughly ever week and a half to two weeks). Of course the gas milage could be better but it really is a pretty comfortable way to put dow the highway miles. Just my opinion but an 80 series for long travel highway commute would be rough between the high speeds and the live axle (sure there are a lot of people who disagree, just my opinion).

Guess you got your answer.

Good luck on your hunt. If I were you, I would put a list of things together that give you a Baseline for the 8500 to 10,000 range. The lower mileage, clean rigs go quick.

Guess you got your answer.

Good luck on your hunt. If I were you, I would put a list of things together that give you a Baseline for the 8500 to 10,000 range. The lower mileage, clean rigs go quick.

Yeah. I guess I need to do a lot of research. Like I said, I know very little about the non-40 series. So, I don't know enough to put together a baseline.

I'm kinda in a bind. I really need a vehicle now and don't have a lot of time for research.

I had the luxury of time when I was looking at 40s.

Unfortunately, I need a daily driver ASAP. Maybe a $10K Cruiser as a daily driver is unrealistic?

Thanks for your advice.

Go post a wanted ad in the vehicle classifieds section with exactly what you want for an 80/100. You'll get responses quick. Tell people how far you're willing to travel, what you're looking for in maintenance records, max budget, paint, interior, etc.

I've daily driven a 100 I bought for 8000 for the last 18 months. The only things I've had to replace are things I've screwed up in the modifications process. I drove it stock for a year, smooth as silk, needed nothing.

Oh and I found mine within days of starting my search. Don't get discouraged, 10,000 is plenty to find an early 100 for daily driver duties.

Around here that would have sold fairly quickly for $12k, if it's as nice as it looks with no big surprises.

If you can get everyone on here to agree "Is this vehicle worth it" then I will guarantee that its priced below value. I would guess that there is at least a 6k difference in opinion in what a mid run 100 series is worth. More on other models.

I was going to look at that one but the seller took too long to give me the VIN. Worked out well as I found this one in Austin and paid $5600 for it. 1 owner, 221K miles, steering rack and CVs done at 210k. I paid to have WP/TB/radiator/fan bracket done this week.

There are deals to be had but you have to be quick. View media item 67846View media item 67849View media item 67847

Yeah. I guess I need to do a lot of research. Like I said, I know very little about the non-40 series. So, I don't know enough to put together a baseline.

I'm kinda in a bind. I really need a vehicle now and don't have a lot of time for research.

I had the luxury of time when I was looking at 40s.

Unfortunately, I need a daily driver ASAP. Maybe a $10K Cruiser as a daily driver is unrealistic?

Thanks for your advice.
. I was kinda in your position and have my 60 which I love but for me it wasn’t suited for running up and down the interstate trying to run with traffic. My cruiser buddies talked me out of a 80 and into a 100 knowing my wants and needs, I picked up my 100 for $9500 with 209k on it, it was a SW Texas and a short stint in Ms. vehicle so it’s rust free with great service records and semi built, but I can’t imagine a better vehicle for mixed driving and still something to get out with on the weekends. Have your $$ lined up and when you find a good one get a deposit on it before it’s gone, a good one doesn’t last long as they seem to be very sought after. if your not already familiar with them, get to know the cotton land cruisers group in your area, terrific and very knowledgeable group of guys, they’ve helped me a lot. MS- CottonLand Cruisers

Nice find! Congratulations!!

W
I was going to look at that one but the seller took too long to give me the VIN. Worked out well as I found this one in Austin and paid $5600 for it. 1 owner, 221K miles, steering rack and CVs done at 210k. I paid to have WP/TB/radiator/fan bracket done this week.

There are deals to be had but you have to be quick. View media item 67846View media item 67849View media item 67847

Nice truck! Congratulations!!

How did you find it?

We bought our LX becuase we planned on driving on the beach and offroad camping about a year ago. Since then we have been on the beach once and camping once but it has become the go to vehicle for any drive over 30 minutes with the family so the wife can nap and the kids can watch movies (stereo and entertainment install). The trans died a couple weeks ago and everyone is itching to get it back and use it instead of the 12 year newer luxury wagon.

Cargurus.com I did a wide search (250 miles from my zip code). Cool thing about Cargurus is they show you how long the dealership has had it for negotiating leverage.

Yep. I wound up buying a one owner 2002 LX 470 with a clean CarFax that had been meticulously maintained by the local Lexus draler for $2800 less than the one I was asking about here, that I found on CarGurus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom