Vibration after lower control arm replacement and rear spring replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here’s the deal, i just replaced my lower control arms with factory OEM replacements, and installed Dobinsons rear springs (C59-675V) if that matters, and aligned it.

Drove it to work to do the work in the AM; perfect no vibrations. Drive it home after the work and it has a pretty annoying vibration that starts at about 55mph. Seems to clear up a bit at 70-75ish but is still noticeable.

The tires are new and were balanced 2 weeks ago. The alignment is dead nuts on. I didn’t change the height of the front Radflo’s, only the rear height changed.

The only thing I can possibly think of is pinion angle? I have metal tech upper and lower rear links on order but they’re out of stock. Anybody have any similar issues after minor/minimal work? The truck is at about 2.5” of lift in the front and 3-3.5” in the rear.

D6E6D9E1-139B-4D7E-8972-E5BFCD2DFC82.jpeg

95632381-DD1F-4BC8-9D11-C522F26CEFA0.jpeg

356EA20B-1A77-4915-A4AB-B85B6617EEB1.jpeg

Is the vibration through the steering wheel or felt through your butt in the seat?

Is the vibration through the steering wheel or felt through your butt in the seat?
Both. It’s pinion angle. Threw a bunch of weight in the back of the truck to lower the ass end down and it was much improved. I have to get some concrete bags to put back there until my metal tech links are back in stock and ship.

@BlackCat you got that much lift on the rear with the Dobinson progressive Rear springs C59-675V?

If you have time, could you point me to the rear measurements of your rig? Like tire size, ground to fender distance, hub to fender distance, etc?

I’m trying to figure out how much my lift will change in the rear with the dobinson springs replacing my raised airbags.

I think I’ve asked you before, but I found a thread where Kyle Fogle says he only got 1.75” lift in the rear with the
C59-675V rear springs.

Last edited:
@BlackCat you got that much lift on the rear with the Dobinson progressive Rear springs C59-675V?

If you have time, could you point me to the rear measurements of your rig? Like tire size, ground to fender distance, hub to fender distance, etc?

I’m trying to figure out how much my lift will change in the rear with the dobinson springs replacing my raised airbags.
Sure, I’ll measure tomorrow at work. Just to let you know though, my truck is kind of a freak. It’s tall. Very tall. I have a local buddy with the same rear links and same rear springs, and my truck is an inch or more taller than his. And I have a metal tech coil conversion, and he uses SSO, which should give him additional height. I wouldn’t use my measurements as what you’ll get. It just BARELY fits in the garage with 33’s.

Okay, got it. Also, whenever I try to measure hub to fender, I can’t get the middle of the hub perfectly.

I’ve tried a 12” ruler and a 36” straight ruler, I’ve tried a normal tape measure too. Just can’t get the middle of the hub perfectly measured...I’m always eyeballing

I’d recheck the balance on your tires first. Not uncommon to have break-in on bigger tires then a rebalance. Have had to do it many times. And when was the last time you’ve greased the zerks? You’ve altered the geometry and it wouldn’t hurt to have a look there as well.

I’d recheck the balance on your tires first. Not uncommon to have break-in on bigger tires then a rebalance. Have had to do it many times. And when was the last time you’ve greased the zerks? You’ve altered the geometry and it wouldn’t hurt to have a look there as well.
It’s fixed. This post was bumped from 5 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom