Considering a second LX470 ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
... so wife and I can have same experience.
This one is located in S.C. and has 185K miles but has meticulous service records and looks really nice. Seems really well kept and cared for. Is $12K on the high end for an 2004 LX470 with 185K miles?

EDIT: Added the year, was missing.

Last edited:
I'd think so, unless suspension parts and other long term wear items have been overhauled. Think links, control arms, TREs, CVs....

forgot to state the year - 2004 LX470

That year model and mileage (if clean and has service history) is within the 'Market Price' for my area (Metroplex, Texas) if that helps any.

Oddly (or maybe not) the last few years, the trend has been that 100 series prices have been coming down or staying stable....while 80 series have been going UP.

In my area....there are many more LX470 for sale than there are straight up 100 series Land Cruisers and they tend to be better kept, have fewer miles and are selling for less. So for anyone looking for an LX470...this is probably a good time to buy.

Still....it pays to be patient and do your research. Get photos (lots of them) and try your best to obtain any service history. And don't buy RUST! Even if you have to go out of State to avoid it.

This 2004 LX470 drives as well as my 2002 that has only 40K miles.
Some issues:
- the Nav display in very DIM - even at maximum brightness
- missing center decorative cap on left front wheel
- minor accident on CarFax LR - trim loose in that area
- absolutely no visible rust underneath or on body
- missing original floor mats
- Interior and Exterior looks near mint
- white with beige interior
- AHC goes up and down as it should
- meticulous service records with recent Timing Belt notation at Lexus.com website
- Has 185K miles but steering wheel is still smooth - lady or exec driven ??
- 2 previous owners per CarFax

Given that it’s a 2003+ with nav, the dimming might become an issue as the screen is used for HVAC controls as well. Not sure how bad replacing it is, but general consensus is that if you have a 2003+ with Nav you are stuck with it forever, so if it’s near it’s death, you might find that to be a super annoying factor that is costly to correct. I’d look through the forums to find out the potential cost to correct that.

Floor mats - buy some weathertechs and don’t look back!

Rust free + maintenance records, I’d say go for it for the price.

My rust free + maintenance records + one owner 2005 with 125k Miles was 15k. It took me 10 months to find it (purchased in November), and there was a list of people waiting if I didn’t pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom