Skid Plate Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it, KISS was the principle we were going for and I think Dave and crew nailed it.

The transfer case plate looks stellar.
The other one I am having a little more trouble visualizing.
Are any additional lips (to add bending strength) planned on either piece?

The thing has the support on the drivers side and that will be DOM steel pipe that is welded to the plate. The plate has a 10 degree incline from where it mounts at the cross member. It had a bend in it at the original design but got ride of it due to less bending and was not necessary for strength and drops the cost some.

@desierto , His finalizing the price and should have something By Monday. I'll have the plates at our meeting Tuesday evening at Mike's BBQ.

This skid looks pretty nice so far! If it does end up only being about $200, then I would expect everyone to jump in on this. Myself included if I had not just received my Badlands Bumpers skid plate. It's got an integrated cross member (increased clearance) and is 3/8" thick so I can :bang: some rocks!

Plates are finished with the mock and built will start shortly. Cost is $240 for the first ten then Price will go up some. They guys at Bent have done a great job and now we need to step up and order them. If we have more that 10 that want them we will need to get 20 total orders as cost effectiveness is 10 orders per sheet of steel. Below is a list of those who are on the list to purchase.

1. chap79
2. SoCalDesertCruiser
3. elripster
4. Cruiser Bauers -Deposit in
5. leucadiacruiser - Deposit in
6. Sam...not sure his name here- Deposit in
7. desierto - Deposit in
8. landcruising - Deposit in
9. BeachnCruiser
10. @crzy80ty
11. @zapata

Stand by or second run.

Last edited:
Do you think he’s able to modify my requested skid for a BJ74. I no longer own a 80 series but would still like a economic skid!

Do you think he’s able to modify my requested skid for a BJ74. I no longer own a 80 series but would still like a economic skid!
Not sure how the bottom of the 74 is to the 80 and then there is completely retooling but can ask.

When do I get to go beat up the production prototype?

When do I get to go beat up the production prototype?
Will be contacting Dave at Bent today about that. Maybe for the wedding trip??

Sounds good to me, I'd be glad to go belly flop on another ledge.

On Monday the trucks going in to get the first test fitting for a production model skid plate. Harley's going to get the first production skid plate which he can test out for us next weekend. After that and being to full production. Everyone should have plates by the end of the month hopefully! Also we may need more folks to purchase these things.... if you got friends with 80 series LC let them know.

Last edited:
You might want to post in the 80's section, but there is always the risk of having the post deleted by a moderator as they hate (free) advertising.

This happened maybe 1-2 months ago about another skid plate option.

Plates are finished with the mock and built will start shortly. Cost is $240 for the first ten then Price will go up some. They guys at Bent have done a great job and now we need to step up and order them. If we have more that 10 that want them we will need to get 20 total orders as cost effectiveness is 10 orders per sheet of steel. Below is a list of those who are on the list to purchase.

1. chap79
2. SoCalDesertCruiser
3. saltycoconuts maybe falling out as he now has a 74.
4. elripster
5. Cruiser Bauers
6. leucadiacruiser
7. Sam...not sure his name here
8. desierto
9. landcruising.... are you still in?
10. BeachnCruiser.... are you still interested.

Stand by or second run.
When is the money due? I really like these skid plates. Will they come naked steel? Count me in.

When is the money due? I really like these skid plates. Will they come naked steel? Count me in.
Money will be due in like 2 to 3 weeks, They will be naked steel and will have a better idea about time frame next Monday after the test.

Ok... so we are getting amazingly close to get this flying. I have to drop a word of the day.... tariffs. Due to those said tariffs the cost of steel across the board has gone up.... 20 bucks per units. Sorry my bad on not moving this along quicker. At this point we need to call Dave at Bent and drop a $100 for down payment to get this moving. I will coordinate with him who has made and not made a deposit. I will be reminding everyone tomorrow night at the meeting.

Bent Motorsports
(760) 442-1955
382 Enterprise St #103, San Marcos, CA 92078

If you want to do a check you can give it to me and I'll take it over to Dave or you can call him and leave a card number.

SO just checked the number of those that are in and with @landcruising we make 9!!! If you wanted one of these please call Dave at Bent and get the deposit taken care of it RIGHT NOW... well when he opens tomorrow! Thanks and so looking forward to having this on mt Bruiser!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom