Builds 97 80 Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good idea! Not sure why I wasn't thinking of this, but anyone have any recommendations on a rack they like? Needs to be strong enough for a RTT
PrinSu will likely be your final decision, but go ahead and run through the exercise.

PrInSu Design Studio - 80 series roof rack

LC80_-_Roofrack_01_630x.jpg

I have been looking at racks as well, Prinsu or the new Bowfin Cruisers racks are looking in to my pocket book at the moment. Also Wits Ends stuff is good and so if the Trail Tailor stuff as I both their stuff on my ride.

I have been looking at racks as well, Prinsu or the new Bowfin Cruisers racks are looking in to my pocket book at the moment. Also Wits Ends stuff is good and so if the Trail Tailor stuff as I both their stuff on my ride.

I've been talking to bowfin, love the look of his rack, and seems like a great guy to deal with! Also I like supporting new companies putting out great products, I'm def going that route!

stopped by the body shop today to drop off some of my home brew, the boys are working hard things are looking good! engine bay is almost ready for paint, got the roof rack holes welded up and started smoothing out the surface!

FCs62x%8QEu2Lid56RRa4Q.jpg

dVWrvusHQ4W6c6fI8IPfTw.jpg

e99p7kRbRs6h%V7Og903PQ.jpg

8lZsMSD6Rhi%mu9MhGxrtw.jpg

While waiting for the body shop to get the engine bay and jams painted, I figured this motor deserved a little TLC! new OEM rear main, water pump, idler pulley, thermostat, and coolant bypass hoses, resealed upper/ lower oil pan along with new oem oil pickup seal, new aftermarket valve cover gasket with tube seals, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and belts! also did a bit of detailing!

Xrsr2Vw+S1St0qTzBhF0Ig.jpg

Z3kU+VyFQ2GONddjQIpYnA.jpg

BxpYtLWVTNGkdDbGEw%jQg.jpg

h1Lj%o9vTA6duWtD+zYw0w.jpg

Slow progress at the body shop, downfall to being the filler job at a friends shop.... got the doors off, almost ready to jam it! got my wheels back from being powder coated, and tires mounted! Got the carpet professionally cleaned by a friend that is in the business! Hopefully I will be putting the engine back in soon!

MuRmes0hRtysA8PQc05+7w.jpg

A+WwRHHjSZae0YkeCXtDJA.jpg

5xaMHM5FQBufobvUxmRPNQ.jpg

gEWtX65AQ9+G%x3CkDQugQ.jpg

1WWCOABbQNSyTYIoVpzutA.jpg

Alright, I know its been awhile, but as soon as I get back in town next week I will be reinstalling the drivetrain! Door jams are painted, engine bay is painted, hopefully things start moving a bit quicker from here on! couldn't be happier with the jam work, the goal is to make this look like an original color, the body shop is doing an incredible job of that, def well on the way!

rF3pAHGISRyPFgiXPHw6SA.jpg

yuns8vtcSTeKzukWSv4OzA.jpg

izCX6WubQ7ODCjEwTlChjQ.jpg

hx8SffjKQMirNFm+mPnSVg.jpg

FZ3Hz9aiSAiSUWZ2aCYJwg.jpg

Shell is finally completely painted, bringing back to my shop today for full assembly!

Also getting: slee front and rear bumpers
slee 4 inch lift
4:88 gears along with complete axle rebuild
315s on stock powder coated rims
9.5xps warn winch
all new bushings in the rest of the suspension/ new brakes all the way around
arb draw system in the back
hopefully a new roof rack, but don't have that in my possession yet
and hopefully a turbo when it becomes available from wits end!

qTl09mQoSCq7Gwut1noTrw.jpg

UNS7zqPcTHC+yTA%oeyOpA.jpg

9TiAp1zsTlmRAnoMSMvLOA.jpg

qTl09mQoSCq7Gwut1noTrw.jpg

Looks sweet!

was able to tinker for a few minutes today, tomorrow i'm putting in a full day and am now ready to set the engine! All new heater hoses and heater valve! Hoping to have engine and transmission reinstalled tomorrow

smlR8+60QGKMEGZ3x552Gg.jpg

I highly recommed you apply bed liner to the floor now that everything is apart...

Your cruiser looks great! little different build in mind here, plan is to use it as our family expedition truck, no hardcore wheeling, thats what I have the rock crawler for! so sound proofing and comfort is more important, i'll be using dynamate and stock carpet on top

Went in a bit of a different direction today, got the engine set and all major wires back in place, then the wife showed up and wanted to help, so we decided to tackle the some of the interior together, happy with the outcome, things are moving along nicely!

EA5mYtbMTo6%FJwh2MzahQ.jpg

vZ3ZHSSDSvmSglYhxAV76A.jpg

Va8EmkP5QrmzjOYLFHWfKg.jpg

BEB64mkcTHG88gTsELrsjg.jpg

NvDCdNTuRt6LuXxtsfDK7Q.jpg

Have you considered Toyota Quicksand? But run blacked out flares with the Collectors Edition belt molding, along with blacked out front and rear bumpers, and roof rack.
o6togea1.jpg
somehow missed this post, this would be a cool color combo, though i'm pretty happy with the anvil!

Shop slowed down a bit today had a chance get the transmission back in and install a new trans filter, also got the ARB drawers mounted in the back, I have to say I was skeptical with the price of these draws, but the quality is extremely good, very happy with that purchase! Probably only have 2-3 more hours worth of work in the engine bay and we should be up and running, then on to the fun stuff " lift, axle rebuilds with 4:88 gears, wheels and tires!!! Though I am leaving for Moab tomorrow night so things will be on hold for about a week

a5%dN5biQHmo8stwPvWG0g.jpg

8hFYqCjQRRiWMWtJDFNHLA.jpg

GzGCUS6OSe+e5Xr3V9hozw.jpg

5KNzaOCBRC+QiEik4c16Ug.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom