200 Series 3rd Row seat removed--floor and wheel well covers? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I'm a newbie here.

I removed my third row seats but now the seat brackets and bolts are exposed over the wheel wells. Are there bracket covers that would cover these so they don't snag on items? I suppose an after market mat like Weather Tech would cover the exposed attachments on the bed, but I need something to cover the brackets and bolts over the wheel wells.

First time posting. Sorry that I couldn't figure out how to upload the photo from the menu.

IMG_1409.JPG

This is currently no commercially available cover for the mounts on the wheel wells. Some cargo area mats hide the mounts in the floor and some don't. The Weathertech mat covers those in the middle of the floor, but not the sides of the floor. Run a couple of searches here on MUD for photos of what members have done for the mounts on the wheel wells. I just tucked some black carpet material over them and then under the plastic around the edges. Looks goofy but protects the stuff in the rear from the metal mounts. And, BTW, your photo shows up fine.

This is currently no commercially available cover for the mounts on the wheel wells. Some cargo area mats hide the mounts in the floor and some don't. The Weathertech mat covers those in the middle of the floor, but not the sides of the floor. Run a couple of searches here on MUD for photos of what members have done for the mounts on the wheel wells. I just tucked some black carpet material over them and then under the plastic around the edges. Looks goofy but protects the stuff in the rear from the metal mounts. And, BTW, your photo shows up fine.

Thanks for the info. Curious where your profile photo is located? I assume northern MI near the lake. I have a 2004 LC and I was thinking of going off road a little, but not sure what tires or modifications are needed to run through sand like your showing in the photo.

Thanks for the info. Curious where your profile photo is located? I assume northern MI near the lake. I have a 2004 LC and I was thinking of going off road a little, but not sure what tires or modifications are needed to run through sand like your showing in the photo.

The profile photo is on the old Coast Guard Line Road along Lake Superior in Michigan's eastern Upper Peninsula. It's a 4WD playground of sand/hills/forest roads. The really fun thing about Land Cruisers is their extraordinary capability stock. I'm running highway tires (Michelin Defender LTX) at OEM pressure with no other mods. It just goes. When I go over to the really deep loose sand over at Silver Lake State Park ORV area on Lake Michigan, I do air down to 20 psi just to get additional flotation. Prior to my 200, I ran a 2004 LC in all the same places with with the same tires and the same no-mod approach. No problems! Shoot me private message sometime if you want specifics about places to play with your LC in Michigan.

I bought an inexpensive chunk of indoor/outdoor grey carpet from Lowe's that was wide enough to cove all the holes in the floor, and used some of the trimmings to cover those seat mounts. Yeah, may look a bit goofy, but I'm fine with it.

I called Weathertech and they have NO plans to produce a rear mat for those of us who have pulled out those rattling 3rd-row seats.

The new LX is available in a 2 row model. They use a different set of interior panels which do not have the cutouts to mount the seats. They also probably sell a LX cargo mat for the 2 row model without the cutouts for the "feet." Might not help with the original poster's 2008. However, for future readers this is an emerging option for permanent elimination of the 3rd row.

Last edited:
The new LX is available in a 2 row model. They use a different set of interior panels which do not have the cutouts to mount the seats. They also probably sell a LX cargo mat for thr 2 row model whithout the cutouts for the "feet." Might not help with the original poster's 2008. However, for future readers this is an emerging option.
Solid point. May not be available right away but I’m sure weathertech will make one.

@firepuppy was thinking about offering us something. any progress sir?

So I’ve been searching and searching...... I’ve got a 2018 and I want to remove the 3rd row seats. Looks simple but the passenger side rear seat belt retracts into the roof. Anyone have any info on how to remove the seat belts for the 3rd row seats? Tks.

So I’ve been searching and searching...... I’ve got a 2018 and I want to remove the 3rd row seats. Looks simple but the passenger side rear seat belt retracts into the roof. Anyone have any info on how to remove the seat belts for the 3rd row seats? Tks.
Many just leave the 3rd row seat belts in place (particularly if they reinstall seats on occasion).

I removed the outboard belts and am contemplating having brackets fabbed to go in their place, but presently have the OEM bolts sticking out (I use them to hang groceries so I don’t have 50 yogurt containers or a dozen eggs following around on my ARB drawers). You can simply leave the bolts out tho. Someone posted on here a while back having found appropriately sized plugs to cover the holes...

The two outboard shoulder belts are a simple affair to remove — no more than a min or two apiece. One thing about Toyota is they make it relatively easy to pop interior panels off and on.

The center belt comes out of the ceiling. I left mine alone, because it would ostensibly leave an unsightly hole. I’ve contemplated coming up with some sort of cover or fabbing an overhead light to go there but it seems like a lot of work for a nominal return...

One possible use for the upper belt anchor points.. if it is the same US-govt mandated thread as an 80-series you can buy a racing harness eye-bolt and thread that in. This made for a great hammock anchor with the upper hatch open in that chassis.. or a place to hang even quite heavy things when needed.

I’ll need to do some digging for the thread size and pitch

Hummm, sorry - I missed this reply. The passenger side 3rd row seat belt retracts into the roof. thats what I can figure out how to remove. looks like the roof liner has to be removed. Tks much - still looking for removal info.

Many just leave the 3rd row seat belts in place (particularly if they reinstall seats on occasion).

I removed the outboard belts and am contemplating having brackets fabbed to go in their place, but presently have the OEM bolts sticking out (I use them to hang groceries so I don’t have 50 yogurt containers or a dozen eggs following around on my ARB drawers). You can simply leave the bolts out tho. Someone posted on here a while back having found appropriately sized plugs to cover the holes...

The two outboard shoulder belts are a simple affair to remove — no more than a min or two apiece. One thing about Toyota is they make it relatively easy to pop interior panels off and on.

The center belt comes out of the ceiling. I left mine alone, because it would ostensibly leave an unsightly hole. I’ve contemplated coming up with some sort of cover or fabbing an overhead light to go there but it seems like a lot of work for a nominal return...
Hummm, sorry - I missed this reply. The passenger side 3rd row seat belt retracts into the roof. thats what I can figure out how to remove. looks like the roof liner has to be removed. Tks much - still looking for removal info.

Why remove it? A magnet holds it up out of the way. I never even noticed it until I had to pull it down one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom