Help needed with opening Techstream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've got an '03 LX I'm trying to pull neutral pressures from. The wonderful forums here helped me get started by buying the Amazon adapter (https://amazon.com/Fangfei-Mini-Diagnostic-Scanner-Toyota/dp/B06XGB714M), installing VirtualBox onto my Mac running OS X High Sierra, and installing the tech stream image into the VirtualBox...but that's where I'm stuck.

techstream_zpsxyvzhahk.png

When I click the TechStream icon, I get no response. I've also tried this on a Windows computer running Vista with the same result. The computer makes no indication that the adapter is plugged in. Any ideas?

I will be no help, but I too will be looking to get started with techstream soon. Hope you find your answers!

I bought the same thing and I've got the same problem but I'm waiting on some parts ot show up so its kinda on the back burner for now. It will be nice to see what comes up on this.

First, haven't used an Apple product since the 9" B&W Mac. On the PC...

Not sure I understand the problem. My reading suggests you installed techstream but clicking on the icon does not result in the program starting. If I understood correctly I believe you have a bad copy of the program or made some other install error. The cable and its associated drivers are needed for the program to interface to the vehicle, but not necessary for the program to start.

If I may, download and install a legal copy of the techstream product from the European site. Then see if that results in a non-responsive icon.

The largest set of problems are users trying to get the clone cable drivers properly installed. This would manifest as the program opens but doesn't communicate with the cable. Then a subset of the problem arises - are you running this in a 32 bit or 64 bit environment?

First, haven't used an Apple product since the 9" B&W Mac. On the PC...

Not sure I understand the problem. My reading suggests you installed techstream but clicking on the icon does not result in the program starting. If I understood correctly I believe you have a bad copy of the program or made some other install error. The cable and its associated drivers are needed for the program to interface to the vehicle, but not necessary for the program to start.

If I may, download and install a legal copy of the techstream product from the European site. Then see if that results in a non-responsive icon.

The largest set of problems are users trying to get the clone cable drivers properly installed. This would manifest as the program opens but doesn't communicate with the cable. Then a subset of the problem arises - are you running this in a 32 bit or 64 bit environment?
That did the trick, thank you! I must have had a bad copy of the software.

Is Techstream considered the best option for diagnostics on LC/LX? Was going to ask this at some point as I recently purchased an '03 LX.

Is Techstream considered the best option for diagnostics on LC/LX? Was going to ask this at some point as I recently purchased an '03 LX.

Yes.

I think that a good OBDII reader can fit the bill for most everything diagnostic except the AHC systems. However, techstream also allows for key programming, changing optional parameters (door locking, etcetera), that an OBDII reader won't address.

Thanks for reply. Is it pretty functional with the 200/LX570 models as well?

i had the same problem when i used the how to techstream in 5 minutes thread image... what i did was download another version of cracked techsteam independently to my desktop, then drag and drop it from your desktop onto the virtual desktop, then install it in the virtual desktop... that has been my experience in the last 2 months

Thanks for reply. Is it pretty functional with the 200/LX570 models as well?

I think what vehicles are supported depends on the version of Techstream. Not an tested hypothesis, but I'd expect say version 8 wouldn't handle customization options that didn't exist when the software was released.

Wife's daily is a '18 Avalon Limited hybrid - in our case v 12.X of the software covers everything from the 2000 LX to the '17 LC as well as the new Avalon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom