Full time 4wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok I’m sure this has been covered but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. When you have the front axle on jack stands (wheels off the ground) of a full time 4wd lc should (in high range) you be able to free spin the front wheels? Or if you have one wheel off the ground should that wheel be able to spin. The “full time “ stuff I ve messed with in the past needed a slip for the front wheels to engage.

So I should be able to spin the front wheels by hand while the rear is still on the ground?

So I should be able to spin the front wheels by hand while the rear is still on the ground?
Spinning the front driveshaft? No. Front wheels? In opposite directions

Works just like the rear end. Except it's in front.

if your front diff is not locked, and the driveshafts are not removed and the rear wheels are on the ground and the transfer case is not in nuetral, and you have both drive flanges installed or if you have locking hubs and have both installed and in the locked position (like flanges), then turning one front wheel in one direction will cause the other front wheel to turn in the opposite direction.

if your front diff is not locked, and the driveshafts are not removed and the rear wheels are on the ground and the transfer case is not in nuetral, and you have both drive flanges installed or if you have locking hubs and have both installed and in the locked position (like flanges), then turning one front wheel in one direction will cause the other front wheel to turn in the opposite direction.

Awesome thanks

When you have the front axle on jack stands... ...if you have one wheel off the ground should that wheel be able to spin.
Yes. The 80 system allows for one driveshaft to move when the other is not moving. There is a differential and a locker in the transfer case, when the locker is engaged both driveshafts are locked together and the above scenario is not possible.

Yes. The 80 system allows for one driveshaft to move when the other is not moving. There is a differential and a locker in the transfer case, when the locker is engaged both driveshafts are locked together and the above scenario is not possible.
Not if the t case is in gear and trans is in park

Not if the t case is in gear and trans is in park
True. I didn't consider the trans. Been hitting the sauce a bit hard tonight. :cheers:

True. I didn't consider the trans. Been hitting the sauce a bit hard tonight. :cheers:

If you’ve ever been to Bangkok you’d know that the first thing you check is the trans. Just ask @UltraFJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom