first aid kit hanger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ryan,

Cool. I hope you like the hanger.

I bought some steel this weekend, so I will build another hanger (or two) soon. Now you might consider a Wilderness First Responder class to go with that cool new first aid kit. Although not cheap and a large time (70+ hours) commitment, it is a great class for those that venture more than a few minutes from a hospital.

I am looking forward to your engine build as it unfolds.

Gracias amigo,

Jon

Last edited:
OK...my original first aid kit hanger was sold. So I made 2 new brackets. They are slightly different than the original one; I put the horizontal cross piece up a bit higher so it would strap the kit right in the middle.

Enjoy.
IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg

More pics..
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

that's a great idea, it's right there

I don't think I would store mine there on a regular basis, but thats just because I'd be afraid of theft. However, that looks like a great idea for road trips and what not. Thats good thinking getting it up off of the floor like that so you can pack other things. Doesn't appear to be in the way of the rearview mirror either. Nice work !:clap:

I hear you about theft. I hide my valuables. But it is really quite difficult to see the kit with the window tint I have. Thanks for the nice comments.
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg

Wait...you're selling these? (interested). I have other uses :p

I am flattered some of you guys want to buy these. Thanks. It was not my intention to sell any when I first posted. With my work, family, and projects (I painted my old Fisher racing mountain bike frame last weekend...the camping trailer needs TLC, the 80, etc.), time is short. But, sure, I will make you one. I will do it for MUD, not to make bank. Just let me me know what you want and I will do my best. PM me with what you are thinking and I will give you a price. It may take me a few weeks to crank it out.

If anybody wants specs, etc., to make your own, let me know.

Thanks,

Jon

I am flattered some of you guys want to buy these. Thanks. It was not my intention to sell any when I first posted. With my work, family, and projects (I painted my old Fisher racing mountain bike frame last weekend...the camping trailer needs TLC, the 80, etc.), time is short. But, sure, I will make you one. I will do it for MUD, not to make bank. Just let me me know what you want and I will do my best. PM me with what you are thinking and I will give you a price. It may take me a few weeks to crank it out.

If anybody wants specs, etc., to make your own, let me know.

Thanks,

Jon

Pm sent

specs

I got a request for the specs on the hanger by PM for DIY. Thought I would post the specs and some pics here so you can make your own.

Scottryana just mounted his hanger: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/545257-lx450-where-start-36.html

Steel is 1.5" wide, 3/16" thick

The hanger overall is:
6.5" wide
16" long (if flat)

main mount holes are 7/8" cut with hole saw
side holes are 4.75" apart

from seat belt hanger bolt center hole:
top hole 8.75"
lower hole (for FA kit) 2"
bottom hole (extra hole) 5.5"

I suggest custom spacing of your holes to be a bit tighter than the outside dimensions of whatever kit you are using. My kit has stayed secure for months now.

Make sure to retain the original seat belt hanger bolt, as that (edit: 7/16" fine pitch seat belt) bolt thread can be hard to come by for some of us. Be safe with whatever you mount in this area, as in a frontal collision these items (if they come loose) can keep moving at speed right at the occupants.

I have a halon fire extinguisher that is waiting for a hanger now...
:cheers:

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

Last edited:
More pics so you can see the bends. I used cut cardboard to simulate the interior lines, then bent the steel to match the contours with a tighter radius.

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

Nice work, thanks for sharing!

I may make one of these someday, if I ever remove my 3rd row seatbelts.

Fwiw, the seatbelt bolt is a 7/16" fine thread, and is the same as any other seatbelt on almost any other car.

86tuning:

Thanks for the nice words and thread info. I have a bunch of SAE hardware here for my AMX and trailer, but just about everything else I own is metric (bikes, motorcycles, cars). I figured it was an SAE thread for the seat belts. I can picture some guys on here removing that bolt thinking they could replace it with some metric hardware they have around and then getting surprised. I edited what I had above to reflect your info.

Gracias,

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom