Brake kine failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK guys i need some help i finally got my baby running again after starter issues only to attempt to pull it out of the barn when I lost all brake pressure. needless to say after an hour of troubleshooting and bleeding i found the the rear hard line going across the axle had a pin hole in it from rusting inside the old rubber covered clamp that was now metal to metal and bonded to the line.

any ways can someone please point my in some direction for which i can find a new line my truck is a 1988 land cruiser BJ74. i am needing the brake line that run across the axle housing and over the pumpkin

I have the same truck.
When I put in a master brake cylinder from a 4runner I had to make new lines for it.
NAPA parts guy had the same size brake line in stock...its standard.
I bought a kit with mini pipe cutter and flare tool.
Very easy to use. Plenty of youtube videos about how to.

@Rainman he has a brake line store in the small vendors store front section here on MUD .............

he is Good at what he does , there's no one better

Any brake shop should be able to make you one if you cant do it yourself. The part is not limited to the BJ74. Any 7* series would work.

Thanks @RAGINGMATT

Joker, if you'd like, (being as I don't have the 70 series patterns yet, if you're willing, I'd be willing to make an entire set for you if you send me your lines that I can pattern from. Of course that means having your truck down for a couple of weeks. PM me if that's something you'd be interested in. This year I'm concentrating on expanding to different trucks and you're may be just what I (we both) need.

Part number. 47325-60081 TUBE, REAR BRAKE, NO.4 . Seems to replace an earlier part 47325-60080

Rainman
If you have not recieved a commitment from a 70 owner to supply a full set of lines for you to pattern I might be in a place to help out. I have several Canadian 70's and am just getting started with a frame off, Not doing a full restoration just a clean up and service of as much as I can. My brakes are working fine now but hey everything 33yrs old might need some attention. With the body off it might be something I should consider doing. If it's something you want to talk about let me know.
Thanks
Curtis
Joker
Sorry for the hijack, hope you're making out well with yours.

Hey. Nothing yet. If you’re willing to carefully get those lines off and shipped, I’m ready to pattern them all and send you replacements. Call me if you want to discuss further.
615-364-3354

Hey. Nothing yet. If you’re willing to carefully get those lines off and shipped, I’m ready to pattern them all and send you replacements. Call me if you want to discuss further.
615-364-3354
Rainman
Sounds good, let me know when are good times for you to take calls?

Almost any time. I’m in CDT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom