Taking ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whiteriverlawncare.com
Got my wife a 2013 a few months ago. She made the comment the other day while driving, “ we need to “manly” this thing up a bit.” I replied, not a problem. Glad to do it. So, looking for small mods to add to it, slowly over time getting it decked out. I’m taking ideas. I don’t want to make the changes required for a TT front and rear bumper yet, but maybe someday.

Here’s a vinyl we have on her 07 FJC. Any ideas for something similar on a LC? It is silver with stock wheels. Got a set of rock warrior wheels that will go on the next tire change. Taking suggestion.

1. Nice set of AT's such as BFG KO2's in 32-33" or Nitto Terra Grapplers --exact diameter depending partly on whether you use your stock wheels or switch to Rock Warriors from Craigslist, etc.
2. Remove running boards
3. Consider adding rock sliders which will also serve as steps in place of running boards, and provide significant protection from rocks, tree stumps and to some degree...side impact (not to mention parking-lot protection).
5. Modest lift: $1500 for OldMan Emu + +front upper control arms (Anywhere from 1.5" - 2.5" lift). Talk to Slee or Cruiser Outfitters, etc.
4. Weather-Tech floor mats which will let you get muddy without ruining your interior
6. No kids? Consider removing third row seats. Will take all of 15 minutes and DRAMATICALLY improves cargo space.
7. Wider stance looks way more beefy. Consider either lower offset wheels (25-40mm offset vs. stock wheels which are 60mm and fairly in-set), or 1.25" spidertrax spacers on your stock wheels.

1. Nice set of AT's such as BFG KO2's in 32-33" or Nitto Terra Grapplers --exact diameter depending partly on whether you use your stock wheels or switch to Rock Warriors from Craigslist, etc.
2. Remove running boards
3. Consider adding rock sliders which will also serve as steps in place of running boards, and provide significant protection from rocks, tree stumps and to some degree...side impact (not to mention parking-lot protection).
5. Modest lift: $1500 for OldMan Emu + +front upper control arms (Anywhere from 1.5" - 2.5" lift). Talk to Slee or Cruiser Outfitters, etc.
4. Weather-Tech floor mats which will let you get muddy without ruining your interior
6. No kids? Consider removing third row seats. Will take all of 15 minutes and DRAMATICALLY improves cargo space.
7. Wider stance looks way more beefy. Consider either lower offset wheels (25-40mm offset vs. stock wheels which are 60mm and fairly in-set), or 1.25" spidertrax spacers on your stock wheels.

Definitely going to the rock warrior wheels and BFG’s. Are the RW wheels a lower offset like you mention and give a slighter wider look to the stance? Want to do a small 2” lift but not sure of brand and parts. My local place is pretty much Jeep only so i’ll Have to tell him what OME parts to put on.

The running boards— are They a simple removal by raking out mount bolts? Would like to get some TT sliders in place of them. However, my 75 year old mom who is 5’2” probably will prefer the Stock running boards when she gets in and out of the back.

Definitely going to the rock warrior wheels and BFG’s. Are the RW wheels a lower offset like you mention and give a slighter wider look to the stance? Want to do a small 2” lift but not sure of brand and parts. My local place is pretty much Jeep only so i’ll Have to tell him what OME parts to put on.

RW's are wider, but only 10mm, so not much.
If you go with Rock Warriors at 17 inches, the easiest tire size upgrade (and the one fully endorsed by Toyota) would be BGG KO2s at 285/70/17. These will be just a hair over 32" and are great.

You CAN still add spacers, which are an easy, do-it-yourself deal. This will move your RW/KO2 combo just about exactly in line with your fenders and looks fantastic. I ran this combo up until I went big with 35's, and removed spacers to accommodate the much wider 35x12.5x17s. I have yet to hear a complaint about this combo, and in my experience it was great.

The other nice thing about that combo is that it runs fine pre-lift (prior to spacers...with spacers, you'll want to remove mud-flaps behind front wheels, and the little funky "flap" in front of them.

Here is my stock vs. RW/KO2 shot...and then another post-lift.

It's a dramatic change you will love:

Stock vs RW+KO2.png

Here is post-lift:

Screen Shot 2016-01-02 at 12.59.27 AM.png

For your elderly mom... Just make sure you get sliders that have a grippy step surface.

Slee sliders and others offer this.

Bud-Built will let you specify exactly what materials you want, including grippy steps.

RW's are wider, but only 10mm, so not much.
If you go with Rock Warriors at 17 inches, the easiest tire size upgrade (and the one fully endorsed by Toyota) would be BGG KO2s at 285/70/17. These will be just a hair over 32" and are great.

You CAN still add spacers, which are an easy, do-it-yourself deal. This will move your RW/KO2 combo just about exactly in line with your fenders and looks fantastic. I ran this combo up until I went big with 35's, and removed spacers to accommodate the much wider 35x12.5x17s. I have yet to hear a complaint about this combo, and in my experience it was great.

The other nice thing about that combo is that it runs fine pre-lift (prior to spacers...with spacers, you'll want to remove mud-flaps behind front wheels, and the little funky "flap" in front of them.

Here is my stock vs. RW/KO2 shot...and then another post-lift.

It's a dramatic change you will love:

View attachment 1640992

Here is post-lift:

View attachment 1640995

Is that lower shot the 32” or 35” tires. Looks great.

Is that lower shot the 32” or 35” tires. Looks great.

Those are the same 285/70/17 tires in shots 2 and 3.

Only difference is the lift via new suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom