LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Technically, the LC rockers are not required for install. One could install the LX sliders without them or possibly trim down the existing rocker steps to fit with the sliders.

Technically, the LC rockers are not required for install. One could install the LX sliders without them or possibly trim down the existing rocker steps to fit with the sliders.

I was staring at my steps today wondering if I could cut them. There is a nice line just above the tread to follow.

^ That would be pretty awesome if it results in a clean install. Wonder if Slee had considered it? Especially since the front and rear bumper installs practically require cutting as well.

Following up—there was some debate on if 1" would require an alignment.

Unrelated to AHC lift my LX was overdue for an alignment—I suspected a toe in issue and was right!

Adjusting up 1" puts me right on the edge of being in spec for camber:

1H6KBOl.jpg

Adding this in case it helps others. I just wanted to level my LX a bit. I followed @DeckerT4R's instructions pretty much but only adjusted the front.
  1. Park somewhere level
  2. Double check that all your tire pressures are the same
  3. Measure each corner—some folks do tire to wheel well—I did ground to wheel well. My LX had about 2" of rake front to back.
  4. Raise up to high
  5. Turn AHC off
  6. Turn your wheel to one side and turn off your car
  7. Loosen the front AHC sensor nut with a 10mm wrench and slide all the way down
  8. As you are tightening, make sure it stays down (I had to redo one side because it moved very slightly)
  9. Turn wheel opposite direction and do other side
  10. Get back in—start your LX
  11. Turn AHC back on—I cycled through all the settings
  12. Reset back to the setting you originally measured in step #3
  13. Re-measure
  14. Go get an alignment soon

Love the detail given, will be really helpful here when I tackle this in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for posting. Only one question for you. In step 9 you state that you turn the wheel the opposite direction and do the other side. I'm guessing you turned the car back on to do this? Or how did you turn the wheel while the vehicle was off? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, just want to play it safe to lessen any chance of the AHC freaking out on me.

Just to clarify, the step 9 would be (bolded areas added by me):
9. Turn vehicle on, turn your wheel to opposite direction, turn vehicle off, do other side

Is that correct?

Love the detail given, will be really helpful here when I tackle this in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for posting. Only one question for you. In step 9 you state that you turn the wheel the opposite direction and do the other side. I'm guessing you turned the car back on to do this? Or how did you turn the wheel while the vehicle was off? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, just want to play it safe to lessen any chance of the AHC freaking out on me.

9. Turn vehicle on, turn your wheel to opposite direction, turn vehicle off, do other side

Is that correct?

Correct, although you can turn it with car off, it's just hard :) With AHC off, it won't do any sort of leveling or calibrating when you turn it on. Good luck!

Adjusted the front sensors this weekend while replacing the rotors and pads. Followed the instructions listed out by @DeckerT4R and @tbisaacs. Put the vehicle in high, turned off the AHC, turned off the vehicle, 10mm wrench, moved the sensor to the bottom of the bracket on each side, turned the vehicle back on, turned AHC on, checked all the heights. Everything worked perfectly and the process couldn't have been easier.

Measurements before (middle of hub to fender):
Front Driver: 19.5
Front Passenger: 19.5
Rear D: 20.5
Rear P: 20.5

After:
FD: 20.5
FP: 20.5
RD: 20.5
RP: 20.5

Might adjust the rear sensors in the future but as of now I'm ecstatic with the way it looks and drives. Alignment upcoming to see if the lift put it out of spec.

IMG_20180318_153840.jpg

Adjusted the front sensors this weekend while replacing the rotors and pads. Followed the instructions listed out by @DeckerT4R and @tbisaacs. Put the vehicle in high, turned off the AHC, turned off the vehicle, 10mm wrench, moved the sensor to the bottom of the bracket on each side, turned the vehicle back on, turned AHC on, checked all the heights. Everything worked perfectly and the process couldn't have been easier.

Measurements before (middle of hub to fender):
Front Driver: 19.5
Front Passenger: 19.5
Rear D: 20.5
Rear P: 20.5

After:
FD: 20.5
FP: 20.5
RD: 20.5
RP: 20.5

Might adjust the rear sensors in the future but as of now I'm ecstatic with the way it looks and drives. Alignment upcoming to see if the lift put it out of spec.

View attachment 1657763

Looks great! I need to do this to mine. Is the static neutral height now the same as it was before in high mode? Does it drive any differently?

Looks great! I need to do this to mine. Is the static neutral height now the same as it was before in high mode? Does it drive any differently?

High mode is still is a couple inches higher. I'll grab the measurements and post them for reference. Haven't noticed any change in the way it drives.

Measurements in high (center of hub to fender)
Front: ~22.5 inches
Rear: ~23.5 inches

High mode still lifts the vehicle 2-3 inches

Is that correct?

that would be correct

I have a 470 with the spacer lift on the front only, heavier springs in the rear. The 470's height sensor rods are adjustable in length, which makes adjustments a bit different, but essentially the same way to lie to the computer about positioning.

Have any of you looked into using shock spacers on the front, it looks like the shock bottoms mount similar to the 470, you may be able to use the same spacer. Just a thought.

I'm guessing, but there's several AHC specific upgrade springs for the LX470 that have higher than stock AHC spring rates. The King Springs Ktrs-79 are a popular option:

King Springs Coil Spring Ktrs-79 Fits Lexus LX Uzj100 1998-2008 | eBay

If I had to guess, I'd bet they'd fit the LX570 too. And could be further stiffened up by preloading with spring spacers (also 100-series or 80-series sourced)

yeah, i've got a rear bumper coming and will also be adjusting the sensor for more clearance too, a slightly higher spring rate might save my AHC a gasket or pump or accumulator. Will have to look into this. thanks for the link @TeCKis300

That's the ones @TeCKis300 , they were cheap enough to try, and at least for the 470, the springs tend to wear out struggle to support the AHC system properly. I don't have a rear bumper yry but thet handle my camp setup pretty well so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom