What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove 180 miles to our ski cabin and amazingly the tensioner pulley went bad 20 feet from our parking spot. Considering we just drove the last 30 miles through freezing cold and no cell service I was pretty happy we made it to shelter. Had to pay a guy to bring up the new part on a holiday weekend but install was quick and got us home on Monday. I like to think the Toyota soul helped us get to the destination and the ease of acquiring chevy 350 parts got us home on time.

IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG

HA, yeah, it might not have been such a good tale if you had needed an fj62 idler...

EDIT- fj60...

I like to think the Toyota soul helped us get to the destination and the ease of acquiring chevy 350 parts got us home on time.

I may need to quote you on that soon when I put my 60 up for sale..Glad you got there and back safely. Looks like a great destination

Can't leave out the '86 FJ60 - installed the grille and front headlight trim and turn signals/running lights. Closer and closer to getting done with the project. A good wash will bring the hood color up to snuff with the drivers side fender (I repainted the passenger side fender).

Front-Clip.jpg

Still to go on the front end - install the late-'90s 4-Runner windshield wipers and sandblast/powder coat/install the Warn winch bumper and 8274-50.

Went for a drive in the forestry where I grew up as a kid. We used to ride bikes & follow wallaby tracks all through the bush, build hootchies - was a fantastic place to grow up. It’s pretty good to wheel in too. I drove a track that probably hasn’t been driven too many times since we left nearly 30 years ago. All the old signs & guideposts are still there, slowly being claimed by the lantana.

Not somewhere you’d choose to drive if you like your paint....
366D9CE2-0CB4-4712-8474-124A44DB711C.jpeg
B06FD1D8-DA06-4CAE-BD50-FC8E3F7E87E2.jpeg

We're spoiled to some extent - I've given myself a kick up the @ss recently to get out there and enjoy it myself. You've got to be prepared to go out of your way sometimes to do something different to the routine...

I've been lucky enough to do a little exploring in your neck of the woods too Gilamonster - went for a snowmobile ride up at Leadville & Breckenridge a few years ago, such beautiful country.

No time like the present. Got curious and glad I did. Engine ground begging to be refreshed.

0DDA7FCE-DA82-4402-812C-55864B840069.jpeg

835A679C-D2F5-462E-BED8-770086C22A3A.jpeg

Got my FJ60 back yesterday....could not wait to drive it after desmog and sorting out a few other issues. Desmog, headers, Weber Carb, new exhaust, and now getting oil to the top of the engine. Starts right up, runs smooth, and feels like a race car from where it was. I know there are many who are not fans of the weber carb, but I dont think I will ever look back. Amazing how much stuff comes out for a desmog. I was not planning on doing this now but the smog pump started making a clicking noise so had to make the leap.
FJ60desmogfrmSpags1.jpeg
FJ60DesmogfrmSpags2.jpeg

I also installed PFAN LEDs that I had ordered when my truck was in the shop. The backup lights are the bomb (see comparison below) and the interior lights are brighter and give you a nice bright white light if you like that. I also ordered some other parts I hope to get to this weekend, like new chrome for the drip rail and I want to detail the engine.
FJ60Pfan.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my FJ60 back yesterday....could not wait to drive it after desmog and sorting out a few other issues. Desmog, headers, Weber Carb, new exhaust, and now getting oil to the top of the engine. Starts right up, runs smooth, and feels like a race car from where it was. I know there are many who are not fans of the weber carb, but I dont think I will ever look back. Amazing how much stuff comes out for a desmog. I was not planning on doing this now but the smog pump started making a clicking noise so had to make the leap.
View attachment 1640653 View attachment 1640654

I also installed PFAN LEDs that I had ordered when my truck was in the shop. The backup lights are the bomb (see comparison below) and the interior lights are brighter and give you a nice bright white light if you like that. I also ordered some other parts I hope to get to this weekend, like new chrome for the drop rail and I want to detail the engine.
View attachment 1640655

Part # on the reverse lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom