The thread I never thought I'd start... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry man :(.

Took it offline......

I'm just messing with you guys. I'm the last person to complain about hijacking or staying on topic. Plus Jason didn't ditch me when my son and I rolled in to town... :deadhorse:

Free mystery prize to whomever can guess what the hell this noise is. I do not have to be moving in order to hear it. Not speed or rpm related. It kind of sounds like a gurgling noise but it doesn't go away or get louder with the AC/Heat turned on/off. Don't notice it outside the truck.

PS: you can also hear my engine knocking/ticking away in the background.

This must be new to the 93. I will have to check it out. Couldn't get the videos to play but it definitely has a Chewbacca sound to it!

The last 80 Series rear bumper made by @reevesci aka Jason aka Trail Tailor. This thing is ridiculously well made, as expected from Jason.

Off to powder tomorrow...

My son thinks it should go on his 92... :rofl:

IMG_3280.JPG

Was doing some sorting of photos last night and came across this one. This is what started it all with me and Mud. 1976 FJ40. This is pre LS1 swap circa 2002.

IMG_3200.JPG

My biggest regret. Pulling a perfectly good 53k 2F in favor of a LS1. :bang:

Original 76 FJ40 with 53k miles on it. Freeborn Red. From Arizona. And I ruined it. Let the flaming commence.

IMG_3201.JPG

My biggest regret. Pulling a perfectly good 53k 2F in favor of a LS1. :bang:

Original 76 FJ40 with 53k miles on it. Freeborn Red. From Arizona. And I ruined it. Let the flaming commence.

View attachment 1532537

Hell, you could've RETIRED with the cash you coulda brought with THAT one now!

Hell, you could've RETIRED with the cash you coulda brought with THAT one now!

I'm well aware. It was a pristine "barn find". One owner. Spotless. Literally looked like it rolled out of a museum. An old guy owned it, died, wife had it sitting in a barn outside Glendale. A buddy called me and asked me if I was interested. I bought it site unseen. Master cylinder was bad. Springs, shocks, tires, and exhaust were bad. I paid $4k for it. In that condition now, $25-30k. Easy.

Finally picked this up from the powder coater! @reevesci aka Jason aka Trail Tailor dual swing out rear bumper. It is so sexy!

13FA3D0A-10FE-41AC-91E8-ADD132B5A8AE.jpeg

Hard to see at night. Finished my Trail Tailor aka @reevesci dual swing out rear bumper. It’s incredible. The fit and finish are unparralled. Outstanding. He nailsnit every time he builds something.

Now for a front bumper...

210FFFA2-9210-4C31-9F6E-85553E8F48BF.jpeg
F35A146B-BB58-4C9B-8C59-0F3AD0456E54.jpeg
D19DB485-03C9-44F2-AE54-04B4B1D6D14B.jpeg

Driving on the interstate and the CDL pops on.

ECDEECBC-EBAC-4B32-B910-16DCA821DB84.jpeg

Two miles later it pops off.

60F15740-A24C-4E0D-9ABE-4A0435BC6FDC.jpeg

I can push the CDL switch to turn it on/off. Not sure if it is actually engaging or not.

I checked out @Tools R Us thread about the short in the wiring to the actuator. But haven’t seen any others. Yet. C

No time today or tomorrow to take a look at it.

Was doing some sorting of photos last night and came across this one. This is what started it all with me and Mud. 1976 FJ40. This is pre LS1 swap circa 2002.

View attachment 1532536
Nice! My first cruiser was a red 1975 with chrome wagon wheels. Bought it on an Airforce Base I was on in 1988. When I rotated back to the states I ended up bringing it, of all places, back to Travis AFB where the PO had purchased in my current town from the original owner. That story still blows my mind.

Nice! My first cruiser was a red 1975 with chrome wagon wheels. Bought it on an Airforce Base I was on in 1988. When I rotated back to the states I ended up bringing it, of all places, back to Travis AFB where the PO had purchased in my current town from the original owner. That story still blows my mind.

Similar non-Cruiser type story.... (hijack!)

I grew up on two different farms in NW Iowa.
These farms were 1-1/2 miles apart. My first five years was on the "Old Home Place". Remaining time was on "The 80"

Have a friend from HS that we went to college together, went our separate ways, had different interests. He has been into restoring old tractors. When we held my folk's farm sale in 1994-ish, there were (2) Avery tractors that were completely disassembled, but all the parts were there. I had dragged them from the "Old Home Place" to "The 80" for the sale. I called my HS friend and told him that he needed to buy these tractors, as I know there was everything he needed.

When I was 5, I played on this disassembled tractor stuck in the corner of the shed (on the "Old Home Place") and managed to smash my finger in the steering column. I also managed to smash my face into the engine block to require stitches.

After the sale, my friend had bought the tractors and took them back to his home 2 hours away. Over the years, he managed to restore the tractor to original condition and sent me pictures. It looked awesome! He said he had driven it in parades and such.

Some time around 2004, he calls me out of the blue and tells me that he bought a building site over in my old neighborhood and they would be moving. He'd let me know when they got moved.

They got moved in and he called me to let me know just where it was. As we were talking, I realized that they had bought our "Old Home Place".

I told him "You'll never believe this....." Where do you have the Avery stored?
Him: "In an old tin shed with a dirt floor on the north side of the property......"
Me: "You have taken the Avery home. That's the exact spot that tractor sat for 40+ years. You are living on our "Old Home Place" and that's where I played on that tractor."

He was absolutely speechless for about a minute and a half. Since then , he has built a NEW building with a concrete floor that the tractor has been stored. I got to see it in person two years ago when I was up for my mother's funeral. It was way too cold or we would have started it I would have taken it for a drive.

I just got word this week that he will be selling that property and moving. He will be taking the Avery with him to the new place. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to get up there this summer enough to drive the tractor on the old farm before it leaves.

It's interesting how things happen this way.

He had NO IDEA that the tractor had lived there its entire life when they move there. I have always thought it was fate of some sort.

Hijack over......

Similar non-Cruiser type story.... (hijack!)

I grew up on two different farms in NW Iowa.
These farms were 1-1/2 miles apart. My first five years was on the "Old Home Place". Remaining time was on "The 80"

Have a friend from HS that we went to college together, went our separate ways, had different interests. He has been into restoring old tractors. When we held my folk's farm sale in 1994-ish, there were (2) Avery tractors that were completely disassembled, but all the parts were there. I had dragged them from the "Old Home Place" to "The 80" for the sale. I called my HS friend and told him that he needed to buy these tractors, as I know there was everything he needed.

When I was 5, I played on this disassembled tractor stuck in the corner of the shed (on the "Old Home Place") and managed to smash my finger in the steering column. I also managed to smash my face into the engine block to require stitches.

After the sale, my friend had bought the tractors and took them back to his home 2 hours away. Over the years, he managed to restore the tractor to original condition and sent me pictures. It looked awesome! He said he had driven it in parades and such.

Some time around 2004, he calls me out of the blue and tells me that he bought a building site over in my old neighborhood and they would be moving. He'd let me know when they got moved.

They got moved in and he called me to let me know just where it was. As we were talking, I realized that they had bought our "Old Home Place".

I told him "You'll never believe this....." Where do you have the Avery stored?
Him: "In an old tin shed with a dirt floor on the north side of the property......"
Me: "You have taken the Avery home. That's the exact spot that tractor sat for 40+ years. You are living on our "Old Home Place" and that's where I played on that tractor."

He was absolutely speechless for about a minute and a half. Since then , he has built a NEW building with a concrete floor that the tractor has been stored. I got to see it in person two years ago when I was up for my mother's funeral. It was way too cold or we would have started it I would have taken it for a drive.

I just got word this week that he will be selling that property and moving. He will be taking the Avery with him to the new place. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to get up there this summer enough to drive the tractor on the old farm before it leaves.

It's interesting how things happen this way.

He had NO IDEA that the tractor had lived there its entire life when they move there. I have always thought it was fate of some sort.

Hijack over......

This does NOTHING to fix my CDL!!!! :flipoff2:

Did the ABS light come on as well?

This does NOTHING to fix my CDL!!!! :flipoff2:

Made ME feel pretty damn good though!

I'm guessing it is your wiring harness underneath. It's been rubbing on the frame and it shorted out. Check the CDL harness to the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom