LC100/LX470 Part-Time Conversion Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OT but curious what the difference is between US CVs and non US?

Kurt, probably covered in earlier posts, but how does the kit affect the computer (skid control etc.)?

No change, the 100 Series gets it's wheel speed from the tone ring on the hub not the CV. :cool:

Got it, but does not anti skid require power to any of the 4 wheels?

ATRAC yes, but skid/ABS are pure braking. Plenty of people running part-time without issues on the 100

I’m in

ATRAC yes, but skid/ABS are pure braking. Plenty of people running part-time without issues on the 100

Agree - I have been running PT on our 06 LX470 with zero issue or concerns. You actually end up get gaytrac in the rear running PT .

I'd like a part time kit when they become available.

Hmmmm, running into hurdles. The added length and spline dimensions of the US CV can be overcome with a custom inner gear but it will also require a mod to the face. We knew this early on but we are realizing it may be more than we are comfortable with.

20180213_193336.jpg

The interference fit, ie shaft us touching dial, see clearance needed.

20180213_193313.jpg

This represents a normal hub clearance, there simply isn't enough room available to clearance this amount.

Not dead in water but another minor hurdle :D

Dang it. I went back an read through this thread yesterday and was getting my mind and budget wrapped around doing this.

If I’m following correctly- the hub is too shallow for the length of the splines on the US type axle? So you have to make the hub deeper via a custom spacer and longer hardware to account for the spacer?

Let me ask a hypothetical question; which is stronger the locking hub components or the ring & pinion? If the locking hub becomes the sacrificial component, thats not necessarily a bad thing.

I put the Marks kit on this summer and it's been fun. MPG don't see much difference but at the same time i did a OME lift and 33s so that probably plays into it. Handling is more responsive and front end is livelier and no acceleration pull as some have noted. I would consider going to AISIN hubs if it was as simple as taking off the AVMs and bolting on the AISINs. But if it got more complicated or time intensive than that I've been happy with the AVM hubs so far...

Question though - with PT I can't seem to fully turn off TRAC. I can turn off VSC off course, which automatically goes out when you engage CDL and then you can still be in RWD if the hubs are unlocked, but the TRAC still interferes with power. It's not nearly as fun having a RWD vehicle if you can't really get the TRAC to go off. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd say half the reason to go PT is to be able to get the rear end out on the corners!!!

I suppose then, with a part time kit you could then tow a 100 behind an RV?

This is awesome. Keep it up.

Yes, I'd say more prep, but not a lot. don't expect major changes ,everything is pretty subtle.

I suppose then, with a part time kit you could then tow a 100 behind an RV?

Apparently (according to Christo Slee) you can flat tow a 100 in N on the T-case with no damage. I spoke with him about a year or so ago and he said he’s flat towed hundreds of miles with no issues. I’m still not brave enough to try it yet. The potential to mess something up in a big way is still lurking in the back of my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom