Auburn LSD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have personal experience running the Auburn Pro LSD in the LC200? Any issues with the factory traction control system?

I thought this was a completely different conversation and was getting excited :bounce2:for my next "trip" to the plains of Alabama! :rofl:

I thought this was a completely different conversation and was getting excited :bounce2:for my next "trip" to the plains of Alabama! :rofl:

:lol:, so was I.

This has been discussed in the 100 forum.
The consenus were 1. Whats the point because ATRAC would be defeated bc the locker would take over. and 2. Just try it ya 100 pansies and report back

This has been discussed in the 100 forum.
The consenus were 1. Whats the point because ATRAC would be defeated bc the locker would take over. and 2. Just try it ya 100 pansies and report back
If you have the LSD in the rear, ATRAC would be defeated in the rear bc it would never sense "losing traction". However, in the front, ATRAC would still be functional. I think it's a great combo.

I swapped a rear axle from a stock locked '99 LC into my wife's '01 LX and now have a rear OEM locker and ATRAC that works for the front wheels. Same thing here.

If you have the LSD in the rear, ATRAC would be defeated in the rear bc it would never sense "losing traction". However, in the front, ATRAC would still be functional. I think it's a great combo.

I swapped a rear axle from a stock locked '99 LC into my wife's '01 LX and now have a rear OEM locker and ATRAC that works for the front wheels. Same thing here.

Its not the same bc your wife can select when the rear is locked, with and LSD its automatic and in certain situations ie ice and snow you might not want the rear locked. I think you really lose a valuabe on road benefit if you put an LSD in the rear of an ATRAC equipped cruiser.

Its not the same bc your wife can select when the rear is locked, with and LSD its automatic and in certain situations ie ice and snow you might not want the rear locked. I think you really lose a valuabe on road benefit if you put an LSD in the rear of an ATRAC equipped cruiser.
Good point I forgot the LSD is not selectable

A LSD and A Trac would compliment each in other low traction situations.

As for the Auburn, I am not a fan. They work well, but there's a host of design issues that lead to a part that, when used, tend to not be long lived. They can only be rebuilt once, and that is performed by the manufacturer.

If you truly want a LSD, the factory unit, with possible modifications, is my vote.

If you are going to go to the time and expense to replace the diff, then do it right and get a locking diff. Both ARB and Harrops are well regarded.

Are you suggesting a LSD out of a 99 LC100? What modifications do you recommend making?
A LSD and A Trac would compliment each in other low traction situations.

As for the Auburn, I am not a fan. They work well, but there's a host of design issues that lead to a part that, when used, tend to not be long lived. They can only be rebuilt once, and that is performed by the manufacturer.

If you truly want a LSD, the factory unit, with possible modifications, is my vote.

The auburn LSD is a great unit. Not everyone needs a full locker, compressor etc. They A-trac will work great with the LSD unit. I run ARB lockers in my 200, but my tundra has an Auburn LSD and works great, as the pickup really needs the added traction for regular driving in 2wd.

Available here:
AG5420133-PRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom