Removing mirror from stem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
looking for ideas on how to remove the mirror from the stem without breaking the mirror

Thanks,

devo

24EF53B3-EAA3-45BE-B02E-898216A052D4.jpeg

A5A30B6C-17B6-4916-B9F4-5F10968A92EC.jpeg

Pop the plastic cover from the glass part so you can see what's behind it. I'm guessing there's a set screw on there somewhere. (under the cover)

What is the end goal? I have a feeling that its not possible to separate the two.

What is the end goal? I have a feeling that its not possible to separate the two.

Can you check the old drawings?

I would like to change mine and add one with all the temp stuff in it from a different brand vehicle. Just pulling it off the ball would cool......

My end goal is to change the mirror on my old 40.

I want to see if I can use this modern mirror from a 60 that has the flip tab for night driving.

And it does seem after many attempts the two are not separable.

devo

Thanks but it’s just a mirror I want to take apart so I’m asking around to the 40’s, 60’s and 80’s folks.

Seams no one has ever done it and I’m getting some good ideas in return.

devo

I have done it on an 80 mirror. I have no idea if the 40 and 80 mirrors are the same. It is just the plastic rim holding the mirror in. I used a hard plastic prying tool and VERY carefully pried the rim all the way around. I would definitely not use any metal tool for this procedure. Here's a picture to give you an idea.

IMG_3786[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom