CT26 exhaust flange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mcguirejohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a good source for a ct26 exhaust flange in the states? Looking to make a dump pipe and exhaust for my 12ht and for a 1hdt.

Googling I found some for the older supras that are pretty cheap, just want to confirm that they fit before I pull the trigger.

something like this?

dump flange.GIF

Check out AZ CNC, I just got one of these.

(2-1/2

I am sure you could call them, and they would machine it they way you need, they seem like small mom & pop.

I am sure you could call them, and they would machine it they way you need, they seem like small mom & pop.
I’ll do that. I like how it’s not just a wide open flange, that’ll make it easier to build a down pipe..

I'm looking for one with a 3" v-band flange on it. Makes it easy to orient the down pipe.

Sure it's easy to connect to, but you'd be better off with a Toyota dump pipe.

This has the same problem, waste gate exhaust flow is blocked off, causes turbulence in the dump pipe at the exhaust outlet of the turbine, and disrupts gas flow through the turbo.
In a diesel, you are potentially running with the wastegate open, or partly open for extended periods of time. It's not just open momentarily to blow off pressure, but can be open for a long time to regulate max boost.
E.g. climbing a mountain pass, full throttle, high RPM, peak boost for minutes at a time. this scenario, the waste gate is open to prevent turbo over boosting. You've partly choked the flow of gas out of the turbo.

I'm not a fan of the blocked off waste gate area. That's going to be a restriction and disrupt gas flow through the exhaust when the waste gate opens

Makes sense. I think I found a winner on this site: BIC Performance Products

Thanks for the link Dave, i'm going to be using mild steel instead of ss to cut down on costs a little bit..

Makes sense. I think I found a winner on this site: BIC Performance Products

Thanks for the link Dave, i'm going to be using mild steel instead of ss to cut down on costs a little bit..

I was going to suggest BIC, but I didn't know if that was going to be local for you.

Having just cut out my mild steel exhaust I highly recommend you spend the money and go stainless steel. Mine only lasted about 5 years. Unless you never drive on salty roads...then I'm sure it would last longer.

You could do something like this too. Mine seems to be holding up fine, the $150 one is nice but I couldn't justify the cost.

IMG_1440.JPG

Thoughts on this?

YnkTQDP.png

Looks nice. One disadvantage is the length. It reduces the room you have available to get the first bend down past the firewall.
You may need to use short leg bends or a tight radius mandrel bend.

Thoughts on this?

YnkTQDP.png
I ordered one of these months ago and finally got around to fitting it. I built a complete exhaust that runs between the transfer case and frame at the same time. Had to cut it and add a tight 90* because it hits a heater pipe. Great cheap option after some modification.

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom