Vacuum Line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NeverGiveUpYota

Dare me.
Threads
McCarr... that’s what I often remember for the brand most recommend.
Almost all my 5mm hose have visible cracks where they attach to various ports. They are less then a year old. What gives? Brand? CT environment?

I looked in the stickies and did but find any link to the recommended brand. Can someone indulge me?
And I’ll buy the 6mm as per stated in the fsm.
Thanks!
Felicity

Silicon hoses won't crack (or at least they shouldn't). The hoses are labeled by ID. So all the thin spaghetti tubing on the 2F is 3mm hose (if you buy silicon hose). The OEM Toyota hose is 3.5 mm but nobody makes a 3.5 mm silicon hose that I've found.

This is the silicon hose I used from McMaster Carr and it looks & acts the same now as it did when I installed it 10 years ago.

Vacum hose for a 2f, how much and what size.

Another supplier is Boost Controller. You can get colors from them.

TurboLogic Silicone Vacuum Hose 3MM

Just saying... all the blue 3mm are intact. The black 5mm are the ones w/ cracks. Both I bought from SOR ... trying to figure out who now, found it, Summit. It was labelled vacuum line.

Last edited:
Supposed to be. I can contact them but I won’t use theirs again. Thanks all for the names and links.

There are black silicon hoses but black could also be butyl or any of a list of other materials.

I've got some of this left over. How much do you need?

McMaster-Carr

If link doesn't work (bc it doesn't want to w/ me), it's part number 5236K832 . Has 1/8" ID and 1/4" OD. Seems to work fine just bought WAY more than I needed to run the small vac lines. I'll be back out at the shop Monday and can take pictures of it if you'd like. Honestly also bought some orange colored tubing that I'll likely never use bc its pretty ugly. Also from them.

Last edited:
I was too fast.... just put in an order of 10' blue 6mm from BoostController. Thanks you for offering @Rube!

I've got some of this left over. How much do you need?

McMaster-Carr

If link doesn't work (bc it doesn't want to w/ me), it's part number 5236K832 . Has 1/8" ID and 1/4" OD. Seems to work fine just bought WAY more than I needed to run the small vac lines. I'll be back out at the shop Monday and can take pictures of it if you'd like. Honestly also bought some orange colored tubing that I'll likely never use bc its pretty ugly. Also from them.
I LOVE orange! Wearing my ugly ass orange hoody now. ;) Send it my way if you don't think you'll use it.

Ugly?

11F5B0F9-CCD0-4AA1-8DE2-4249FD1DD2DC.jpeg

Maybe a little haha

Although it would look like crappola, I always thought it would be a good idea to route each system with a different color vac hose: black, red, blue, yellow, etc. then troubleshooting would be a breeze. But the crappola factor in the eyeball department always over rode the logic of doing that for me.

5mm or 6mm? I need some of the bigger stuff too.

I bought 6 tho some buy 5. In the link above that OSS added it states 6.

Well, since I’m going to desmog I got some of the 3mm, 5mm and 6mm. I’ll see which one fits better between the 5 and 6mm. I actually wanted to buy Toyota but got too caught up in the thread. Haha

I only have 11 words to say ...............:popcorn:

Nine Zero Nine Nine Nine Dash Nine Two Zero Zero Six

DSCN5894.JPG
DSCN5895.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom