Events/Trails moab pre-funk run 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If this is what the majority want to do then I'm all about it. Let's plan on HITR. @schob24 i may be shipping my truck to Denver, not 100% positive on that just yet. I will for sure contact you either way. Nail this down!!!! Just yesterday I was Watching @kreiten daughters Moab /ouray video she made from two years ago.....pure punk awesomenes!!!!!

If this is what the majority want to do then I'm all about it. Let's plan on HITR. @schob24 i may be shipping my truck to Denver, not 100% positive on that just yet. I will for sure contact you either way. Nail this down!!!! Just yesterday I was Watching @kreiten daughters Moab /ouray video she made from two years ago.....pure punk awesomenes!!!!!

Sounds like a plan amigo! From that it sounds like HITR it is. @steenh I am guessing we will be camping the entire time in Moab? Thoughts?

I'm pumped for this! You drone folks will definitely want to bring them. This is great territory to wind them up and watch a line of 200's trek on some uncharted (for 200's) trails!

The plan would be to meet up in Hanksville the day/night before we hit the trail. Camp or maybe find a hotel (if there are any) and then its a 2 hour drive to the trailhead so we'd be on the trail around 11am. Two or three nights on the trail and then head on over to Telluride for fun and games. It can be done in two with a lot of seat time, and more relaxed in three. Given it might be a bit hot, we may want to opt for the two nighter so we are spending more time in the AC, but whatever you guys are up for is good by me.

@smittycrusher and I will touch base and talk about logistics and get some more details posted up soon.

Really looking forward to this trip!
Logistically, I've thrown in some added moving parts.
The family will be travelling with me to Moab. I'm going to leave them there in a AirBnB and rental car to hit the awesome pool and dinosaur park.
I think my wife hit her limit of Moab last year.....
That being said, I would push for more seat time to try to make it a 2 day trip.
Just my $.02.

I'm pumped for this! You drone folks will definitely want to bring them. This is great territory to wind them up and watch a line of 200's trek on some uncharted (for 200's) trails!

The plan would be to meet up in Hanksville the day/night before we hit the trail. Camp or maybe find a hotel (if there are any) and then its a 2 hour drive to the trailhead so we'd be on the trail around 11am. Two or three nights on the trail and then head on over to Telluride for fun and games. It can be done in two with a lot of seat time, and more relaxed in three. Given it might be a bit hot, we may want to opt for the two nighter so we are spending more time in the AC, but whatever you guys are up for is good by me.

@smittycrusher and I will touch base and talk about logistics and get some more details posted up soon.
I am down for the two nighter plan. Three nights camping will be a hard sell for the general

dates are the same as on the first page

If you're starting the trail on Sunday morning I'm likely out. Monday morning I would be a maybe. It's a 23 hour drive *without* my trailer behind me, so probably closer to 26 hours with it (and we will use it for the next 2-3 weeks around CO, NM, etc so I can't leave it at home). Even if I get in a solid 6 hours leaving Friday evening I can't see making it there by Saturday night without being so beat that I won't really enjoy the trail.

Maybe some other time. Have fun with the pre-funk guys I'll hopefully see you in Telluride Friday morning.

Got a question for you mudders:
we were going over the logistics of leaving the family in Moab while I run the trail and came up with a new spin on possible solution.
The wife wants the truck for Moab as a couple of her friends are planning to meet her there. It would make it easier for her having the seating space and fridge.

Is there anyone planning on running the trail solo? or does anyone have an open seat for a navigator/mechanic/spotter/dj/wise-@$$/dumb-@$$?

nothing set in stone, just putting out feelers to see if this is even an option.

I may stay local to Moab if we get a group for day rides. I am picking up my son and Mrs on Wednesday July 25 afternoon from Moab airport

Got a question for you mudders:
we were going over the logistics of leaving the family in Moab while I run the trail and came up with a new spin on possible solution.
The wife wants the truck for Moab as a couple of her friends are planning to meet her there. It would make it easier for her having the seating space and fridge.

Is there anyone planning on running the trail solo? or does anyone have an open seat for a navigator/mechanic/spotter/dj/wise-@$$/dumb-@$$?

nothing set in stone, just putting out feelers to see if this is even an option.

Hey @TexAZ -I will probably be riding solo.... If so, and if you promise to keep your fingers away from my stereo, consider the front passenger seat an option if you need it.

I MAKE NO PROMISES;)

I may stay local to Moab if we get a group for day rides. I am picking up my son and Mrs on Wednesday July 25 afternoon from Moab airport

Hmmm...

Wife is semi-balking about over-night routes in Moab...
Not sure what we'll do. Might have her fly in after Moab...or...maybe meet you in town?

I'd personally like to do the overnight route, but will have to post after I figure it out.

I'll just say that Linda is not going to be happy if she's the only spouse on the trip... I'll pay dearly for that.

I'll just say that Linda is not going to be happy if she's the only spouse on the trip... I'll pay dearly for that.

I shall add your comments to my propaganda campaign at home... :clap:

I was advised that this wouldn't be a spouse friendly trail...
Maybe it was just my spouse that wouldn't enjoy it.
She has been through a lot in Moab.

I was advised that this wouldn't be a spouse friendly trail...
Maybe it was just my spouse that wouldn't enjoy it.
She has been through a lot in Moab.

True... You guys were put through the wringer last year.

Not spouse friendly as in... Nowhere to "dump?" :)

Glad I just added a TrasherPoo... :eek::poop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom