1985 FJ60 Mr Ducttape (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a minute to get out. Forgot that spot was backfill which just sinks once you break the surface.
Need to toggle switch ABS in this work truck; do not understand advancetrac for the life of me it does everything you don’t want it to do. It will throw it into limp mode 1000rpms when you need to spin and let you spin to 3000-4000 once you are already digging a hole.

I may need a section of roof panel if you don’t need the whole top. I’ve got a bad tree dent.

Which part? Got pic?

Roof is rusty, around windshield rusty, door jambs at bottom trashed I think.

Besides that Body and Frame good. Damn shame I think it has pretty low miles too if i remember correctly from carfax.

I need to check both trucks, one spare panel I have and pick.

Front doors without cards, quarter panels, rear hatch without glass, rear bumper, front seats, grill, passenger side headlight door, misc Sheetmetal like floor pans, roof, etc.
Bout 90% sure this will be available in around a month.

Bout 50% sure I will keep all the interior and front clip.

Bout 75% sure I will be keeping the drivetrain.

PM me, will be local only.

Taking some extra precautions to see if this motor will spin in the blue one. 50/50 ATF and Acetone on top of the cylinders. Put plugs back in. Gonna revisit in a week to see if they still have fluid on them and if it will spin.

Interested in the Tcase and engine, can pick up local

Just saw you want to keep drivetrain, let me know if you change your mind

I really need a piece of the roof.

I’ll take the whole roof if needed.

9CA25B14-8B00-4D52-88C8-1D0FE1F665A3.jpeg

F7D41E4F-DDF9-46A4-AB63-A2C1FD0A87A4.jpeg

Guess I can say I have 2 FJ60s
94125A15-365D-41F8-8912-C5C5F81660BA.jpeg

AF39C141-B530-4CEE-B5FB-ABA61DB2B4B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok Alex. Let me get it off the trailer and inside. Needs tires and i need some time to get up there with my F250 to pull it to a tire shop.

Interested in the Tcase and engine, can pick up local

Just saw you want to keep drivetrain, let me know if you change your mind

Do you want me to see if it will spin or do you want a core?

Would prefer it to spin

It’s soaking, be back up there next week sometime.

Don’t want to get over zealous and damage it.

No idea why they parked it in 2001. First guess is it didn’t pass smog. No water in oil, transmission shifts through gears.

Ok Alex. Let me get it off the trailer and inside. Needs tires and i need some time to get up there with my F250 to pull it to a tire shop.
Did you ever get unstuck? I wouldn’t mind winching you out?

Oh yeah. Got home at 3am that night.

Should have taken video. Yanking on it from behind with a new Dodge dually with EFI live and straight pipe for extra dramatic disappointment when it just bulldozed mud up over the pumpkin. Damn advancetrac won’t shut off in reverse get one spin revolution and it won’t come off idle.

Couldn’t walk it out backwards so we had to pull it forward into the woods with a small 4x4 tractor and RZR. Yanking the s*** out of it.

Only some scratches on the rim and someone hit my steering wheel with a cigarette I think.

So I pulled this back 18 hours from Phoenix to Houston this weekend. All original supposedly including paint, decals and original dealership sticker. It passes AZ smog too, even has the original muffler. Not a spec of rust on it and apparently always garage kept. The undercarriage is clean as hell too besides 33 years of road grime. Supposedly the 2nd owner pulled it behind a motorhome.

Anyways I am happy, been looking for awhile. It also has some new 31x10.50 BFG ATs on it and a 31 inch spare which I want to swap for an original Dunlap when I get the chance.

I need to find a mechanic that knows these in Houston or within a few hours of Houston as I don't have time to jack with it. Just about everything leaks but it seems like maintenance has been kept up. Need to check the motor over well, if its weak I would probably want to do a diesel/5speed swap and add a turbo.

The plan is to do some paint restoration and touchups/minor pdr and restore the interior.

Luckily on the interior all the seat and door panel fabrics are damn near perfect and apparently always had seat covers. Some other interior parts were covered with Ducttape. The rest is pretty dirty/roached and they pulled the panels and carpet from the back at some point. I need to find all the parts I need including an original radio (if anyone has one I would like to buy it). The headliner is good but dirty.

My primary question is on the suspension. The springs still have some arch, would like to keep them but maybe do a 1-2" shackle lift? Or should I go full EMU? I will replace all movable wear items in the steering and suspension.

Pics:

Can someone tell me if these tow bar mounts are mounted directly to factory bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom