Is anyone making fender flares for 16-18 LCs ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1843.JPG

I am still a fan of the fender flare look and function with aftermarket wheels with non OE offsets , and I am considering buying a 2018 LC.

I am wanting to go with a similar wheel and tire setup that I am running on my 2011, and would need the flares to
1. keep it legal
2. I hate the look and the function of tires hanging out past the fenders.

Looking at a lot of pics and I am really not sure why the OE flares for 08-11 wouldn't fit right on a 16-18. Fenders still look like the exact same shape at least where the flares mount up.

Has anyone tried putting the 08-11 OE flares or bushwhacked flares on a 16-18. Or has anyone seen OE style flares for the 17-18 model LCs?

bump.

I getting closer to pulling the trigger on a Silver 18 LC. Anyone have a link to that gulf states Toyota where you could buy the oe flairs pre-painted. I thought I would try and call them and see if they ever tried to put them on 16-18 and what issues there might be.

Thanks.
No I had not tried those sources, I am mainly wanting the OE flares like I have on my 11.

That is largely because I am not prepared to have the body cut into to the extent it takes to make the artic flairs work. All that cutting really concerns me for some reason.

In that other thread about removing them, that first truck show is 13-15 model and the flairs on it are the same as mine that show to only fit 08-11 which is making me think they would likely fit fine on the 16-18.
rear-flare-3-jpg.1177821

Just have not been able to prove it. The last set I bought from Toyota cost about 600.00 they were pre-painted. Which the color I am looking at buying in a 2018 is silver, as long as silver is still the same silver they had back in 2011, I am thinking they would work.

I found a pic of a set on an 17 but it also had some aftermarket aero pkg and they still somehow got them to work.

th

I am pretty sure the ones that Toyota or "Gulf states Toyota distribution" was using were the bushwhacker flairs painted to match.
The nice thing about getting them from a gulf states Toyota dealer is that they come pre-painted ready to install, for less then I think you can buy the black ones and have them painted. I agree I think they will fit, was hoping to find someone that tried it.

The ones on my 11 are also taped on the back side. The instructions didn't say to tape them, but the back ones had some play in them and I didn't want them moving around on the paint so we used some high strength 3m body molding tape to make sure they didn't move around.
I can't really pull the ones off my 11, but I think I can probably take so measurements and look for the factory holes in the fenders to get a better idea. I was hoping maybe someone had seen one with them or tried it so I would know they will fit, like that pic of the 2013-15 was posted, which proved they fit the 13-15 even though the bushwacker website states 08-11 only.

Here is a pic of the flares I purchased from Extreme Landcruiser for my 18’... Took about a month to get to the States from Japan. They are getting painted currently but here is a pic of the front on when test fitting. They were around $1k before paint.

074AB001-5B85-4F50-885A-627C5EC89F75.jpeg

694C813E-A2BB-4E40-98E9-A8A9C7D7A33E.jpeg

Here is a pic of the flares I purchased from Extreme Landcruiser for my 18’... Took about a month to get to the States from Japan. They are getting painted currently but here is a pic of the front on when test fitting. They were around $1k before paint.

View attachment 1635025

View attachment 1635026

Very nice, thanks for the info.
Those are more like what I was looking for, do they all fit without any cutting or modifying.
I would love to see some pic's of all them on your cruiser once you get them installed.

That price is a bit more then I paid for my last set from Toyota . The Toyota flairs came already painted and I seem to recall costing about 600.00. I think could probably live with the $1000.00 plus painting, I would guess painted and installed would likely land around $1500.00 or so all in. Just happy to see there is some out there that fit.

I’m stuck in Rio for a few days with work but when I get back Stateside, I’ll go pick them up and install... when we temp’d them up, everything fit as it should. The rear will need install holes drilled, but I’ll get you pics of the full install when I’m back.

Reach out to Ryan.
MVIMG_20180227_140255.jpg

Update:
Since I got my 2018 LC bought last weekend, I contacted a dealer in the southern region to see if the silver pre-painted Toyota flairs were still available.

Turns out they have been discontinued. Note really a huge surprise there.

That southern dealer did go the extra mile to inform me of what I think most of us knew, which was those fairs Toyota was offering were in fact the Bushwacker flairs only the Toyota versions were pre-painted to match your Cruiser.

They also went one step further and looked up the front and rear fender part numbers and they told me that the 200 LC's all use the same part number for their front and rear fenders for 2008-2018.

That was worth some added piece of mind since my next step was to order the Bushwacker kit and have them painted to match at my local body shop.

I received the Bushwacker flairs today, going to try to do some test fitting tonight to verify everything should fit as planned.

If all goes well I drop the flairs off at the body shop in the morning so they can get them painted up and ready to install.

I will then get my wheels and tires ordered tomorrow as well.

If all goes well I should have the bulk of my mild build done by the end of next week.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

I can get you a set. Around 500 then you paint. Mike

I appreciate the offers guys.

I already bought and received a set of the Bushwhacker flairs today.
I did some quick fitment checks with them tonight. Looks like they are going fit the 2018 just fine.

I am dropping them off in the morning to be painted, hope to have them installed by late next week.
Wheels and tires should be here ready to install around the same time.

I will post pics soon as I have it all put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom