2.5" lift procomp vs ome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Outfitters is way out west, UT I believe. Shipping for the kit will be high, maybe over $200. Is there a retailer on the east coast?

Cruiser Outfitters is way out west, UT I believe. Shipping for the kit will be high, maybe over $200. Is there a retailer on the east coast?
Iron Pig Off-Road

Try TPI in Tenn. They usually run a sale on OME around Christmas so i doubt if that's still going on but that's where i got mine years ago for a good price.

Pete

IPOR No thanks! I'll go without. I'll try TPI.

I've never purchased anything OME that I was displeased with. Also I agree that Bilstein 5100 are the shocks of choice.

I'm running the procomp 2.5" lift with stock length shackles and 33x10.5 tires. It rides great. Could not be happier. Years ago I had sky jacker 4" springs and the ride was terrible.

IMG_20170207_070116492.jpg

Nice rig fareem. I’m leaning towards the pro comp. I think I’m going with 31s to give some more space in the wheel well. I can take the saved money and buy something more important - like seatbelts!

The procomp turned out great for me. I debated between ome and procomp and decided to roll the dice. I saved money and the ride is great.

Nice rig fareem. I’m leaning towards the pro comp. I think I’m going with 31s to give some more space in the wheel well. I can take the saved money and buy something more important - like seatbelts!

I have skyjackers with well over 200k on them ... always liked them ... nice ride... Very VERY nice ride now lol

To each’s own ... like anything else you will have people that like and ones that dislike

Imho the ome is a bit heavier duty of springs and have always been impressed by them

I haven’t heard much bad about either springs... stay away from rancho and you’ll be fine :meh:

I guess I have 2 cents to thro in here. I recently thru in the trash a 4 inch spring kit because it never worked or IMO could never work. The springs I tossed were tightly bound together with spring straps and would only work if you could move the entire spring pack. I see many manufacturers use this design, some mentioned here on this blog. It is my belief that you want the springs to articulate and not act like they are welded together. I changed to Skyjacker soft ride springs with 4 inch true lift and these work! They also make a 2.5 lift. Even my Ford SD 7.3 desiel 4x4 with solid axles utilizes an open spring wraps like the Skyjacker. I loved my original factory spring ride albeit they were bound tightly, however they were much softer and had good flex but I needed a lift and not a SOA. Oh, and I’m not really sure about those military wrapped spring ends either, they seem to add to rigidity issues and not ride comfort IMO.

I have the ProComp 2.5" on my truck and I have been very pleased. Consisidered OME, but couldn't spend the money at the time of purchase. I ran 31x10.5 to start with, but now run 33x10.5 and the ride is still very good. I mostly ride dirt roads with pot holes and washboards and have never felt like the suspension was too tight or rough. With that said, I haven't ever riden in a truck with OME, so I don't have a way of comparing. I'm definitely happy with my ProComps.

@Warloc

those clamped clips we would heat them and bend them up 90deg... get lots more movement from those springs that way... once you get them opened up lift the truck to separate the pack and shoot some grease in there with a leaf spring grease fitting “stop squeak lubricator” makes it much easier... but... haven’t seen one sold for quite some time

The OME kit is $1675 plus $245 shipping which includes the anti-inversion shackles. The Pro Comp is $743 with free shipping without the shackles. Neither use the Bilstein 5100 shocks. The questions are: Is OME really that much better? Do I need the stock length shackles? Are the Bilstein shocks worth purchasing extra? Opinions requested!

I think 33x10.50 at least, because it’s close the biggest stock tire size (9.00-15). Stock size 7.50R16 is also 32” tire.
6d3f9db5-0c7f-4216-876b-d865cf02f226-jpeg.1596444
If you put 33’s on a stock 40 you will rub the inner fenders as soon as you get off flat pavement. 31’s might work but will rub at extreme uneven trails IMO (45 years of ownership, tires, lifts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom