Has anyone done any custom exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure anyone really makes a bolt on kit or anything for the LX but just curious if anyone has done any muffler swaps for a little extra sound?

Doug Thorley makes a Cat Back Exhaust if that is what you are asking

Ok. Really just curious what they sound like with a Magnaflow or Borla muffler on them

Heres a clip!

I put a flowmaster 50 delta series on and it sounds really good when you are right behind the truck but no noticable increase in the cabin or windows down. I will be replacing with a DT cat back and headers

Had the Borla and Doug Thorley system installed. Got sick of the exhaust drone and had a resonator and rear-exit tailpipe welded on a few weeks ago.

It's still relatively throaty sounding but the in-cabin drone has been cut down tremendously and makes daily driving more enjoyable. Also, the whislty whooshy sound with the resonator captured in the clip is no longer present.

Here's a comparo of all three:

Got a magnaflow in place of the stock muffler with the resonator deleted. Perfect tone with no drone! :cool:

I have Doug Thorley Headers with EMS "cat free" mid pipes (no longer in production), a magnaflow, and a moroso resonator. Without the resonator, the magnaflow was way too loud, so I put a moroso spiral flow on, and now it's at an acceptable DB level.

i just purchased a Borla Exhaust. my entire exhaust was rusted and leaking... i live in MA so we see alot of salt. i figured the 680$ for the exhaust was worth it when i compared for a cheap setup around 200-375$ for everything . ill pay the double for the piece of mind with the stainless granted im at 180k but i think its a investment well served. yeah that money could have went into something better but i needed a exhaust and instead of buying a cheap one ill have to patch every year or so the borla seems like a suttle replacement. hopefully theres not alot of drone with the Borla was not going for a huge noise increase

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom