FJ60 Fuel Pump Replacement Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's exactly like mine, even the box is the same.

So perhaps a Kyosan not Kyocera? There are many "look alike" products on the market these days, just want to be sure what you're dealing with.

As for the spacer, that pump is most definitely designed to have and use one:

upload_2018-2-22_18-37-50.jpeg

using a the fuel pump in the pic by @cruiseroutfit you need a spacer. not using a spacer will destroy a brand new pump.
it breaks the last 1" off the arm
if the pump has 2 lines, those do not need a spacer, but since you said the pump looks just like the pic with 3 lines it needs a spacer.

the original spacer may still be stuck to the block.

When I pulled my leaking stock pump the spacer stayed in place. It juts off the block a good 1/4” and I left it alone. IF it came free you’d add a thin gasket then the spacer then another thin gasket. Just saying like above, maybe your thinking spacer while your looking at a thin gasket?

So perhaps a Kyosan not Kyocera? There are many "look alike" products on the market these days, just want to be sure what you're dealing with.

As for the spacer, that pump is most definitely designed to have and use one:

View attachment 1639702
You were right, Kyosan! Not Kyocera..I dunno where I got that name..anyway, thanks for the input and the diagram. I got the arm to move by running hot water on the housing for a few minutes. It was "stictioned", as another poster suggested. Well, I put it back on, cranked motor but got no firing. So I carefully put a couple eyedroppers of gas into carb, cranked it, and bingo, it fired right up. It ran rough for about 10 seconds, then settled down in the familiar sound I recognize as my old beast running happily. I took it down our driveway through about 2 inches of fresh powder snow, about 1/3 of a mile. I ran it a few more times up and down the road, packing the snow. Opened the hood, everything seems alright. I decided to keep the Airfix 1414 pump I bought at Advanced Auto Parts, as a spare. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did put the spacer in, as you and everyone told me to do. I took a few pics, which if I can get off my phone, I'll post. Thanks again for the good advice.

IMG_1171.jpg

using a the fuel pump in the pic by @cruiseroutfit you need a spacer. not using a spacer will destroy a brand new pump.
it breaks the last 1" off the arm
if the pump has 2 lines, those do not need a spacer, but since you said the pump looks just like the pic with 3 lines it needs a spacer.

the original spacer may still be stuck to the block.
It has three lines, and I put the spacer on, hooked up hoses, primed the carb, and started it. Running fine. I took a pic of it, not a very good one, but it shows it mounted on engine and running. Sometime soon I'll post a pic of the whole truck! It's really extra winter filthy now, and a horse broke off the antenna, so it's looking pretty shabby. My old rig lives kind of a real rough life here in the snowy mountains. I'm always amazed at the super fine looking rigs I see here. Thanks for the input and tips.

For some reason, the original did not have a spacer, nor gaskets. But it worked fine for the last 10 or 11 years. It was pretty greasy, but I thought it was leaking from the head gasket, maybe it was actually coming from the fuel pump. Anyhow, now it's all as it should be, and seems to running fine. My next job is to put on a new choke cable, but I'll wait till Spring when it's warmer. Right now, it's only about 25 degrees and my garage isn't heated.

What do you guys think of this kit? It seems to be kyosan and says oe equivalent but says electric? There’s no fuel going through the outlet line into the hard line so I’m thinking my fuel pump is going out. Inlet lines are working.

Why not buy it from Toyota?
$133.39

Because I honestly didn’t see this and didn’t think Toyota would still be selling them, got the gaskets here too. Thanks

Because I honestly didn’t see this and didn’t think Toyota would still be selling them, got the gaskets here too. Thanks

im LESS then TOYOTA PARTS STEEL ....

and i include a
OEM spacer w/ vulcanized pre installed gaskets and Yellow gold zinc JIS SEMS mounting hardware too ........

plug and play kit

1641863061301.png

im LESS then TOYOTA PARTS STEEL ....

and i include a
OEM spacer w/ vulcanized pre installed gaskets and Yellow gold zinc JIS SEMS mounting hardware too ........

plug and play kit

View attachment 2890073
That’s awesome I just ordered

That’s awesome I just ordered

probably a good idea to change the engine oil also, just in case some gas got in the crankcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom