PZJ75 engine swap to 12HT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4overlanding.de
I putting a 12ht enigne in a PZJ75 to get some more power :)

I'm gonna use a H55F from an HZJ75 that has a 3cm longer shaft/spline and need to make a spacer to fit that tranny to the housing from the 12ht clutchhousing. Goal ist to fit the engine a bit more forward to keept the temp. lower and space behind the engine bigger.

Is there somebody out there how has a cad file of the boltpattern and shape so I can get it watercut here in germany ? Would be lees work and way better looking then a saw cut spacer .... :bounce:

I would put the 12HT input shaft into the H55F and look around for the correct bellhousing

That won't work, the h55f tranny from the HZJ75 has a 3cm longer schaft than the H55F from the HJ61

So if you put the shorter 12HT input shaft in the 1HZ gearbox you can use the 12HT bellhousing.

Its what everyone else does. The gearboxes are the same except for the shaft and the bellhousing.
I would rather disassemble the gearbox to install the correct shaft than get adapter/spacer plates machined.

How is shifting the engine forward 3cm going to keep the engine cooler?

You have 2 big holes either side of the engine. Once moving there is a hell of draught through there. There is a lot of belts and pulleys up the front there, leaving it where a 2H would normally sit in a 7* series gives you a bit more room to work.

I think your looking for solutions too problems that dont exist ... The 12hts put up with a ton of abuse in the factory position , Id spend the time and money on a bigger (or new) rafiator if your worried and set it all up as rosco sujested.

I think your looking for solutions too problems that dont exist ... The 12hts put up with a ton of abuse in the factory position , Id spend the time and money on a bigger (or new) rafiator if your worried and set it all up as rosco sujested.

Hello,

x2.

More room to work, more air flow. And less fabricating.

Juan

How are you going to go with the German govt talking about banning diesels? If they are talking about diesels that are 5-6 years old being too dirty, WTF will they be thinking about the 12HT?

1PZ, 1HZ, 1HD-T or 12Ht all play in the same dirty leage ... so we are still dirty, only faster ;)
Even buying an new GRJ won't be safe ... insane bull**** over here ;)

I hope to get the car registered as an Historical vehicle, that would allow us to drive in Germany in every "clean zone", but we wil see.
Last option is shipping the Toyo to Canada, have a great roadtrip there an sell ist :-( But I have no clou what to drive then ?

Sent you a PM. I've got good options for you .

1PZ, 1HZ, 1HD-T or 12Ht all play in the same dirty leage ... so we are still dirty, only faster ;)
Even buying an new GRJ won't be safe ... insane bull**** over here ;)

I hope to get the car registered as an Historical vehicle, that would allow us to drive in Germany in every "clean zone", but we wil see.
Last option is shipping the Toyo to Canada, have a great roadtrip there an sell ist :-( But I have no clou what to drive then ?

You just drive that old truck over to Canada, and when you get to Vancouver Island and want to sell it, send me a PM! ;)
Just might be able to find you a buyer. :hmm:

Well if you're still looking, I've got two good H55s with the right input shaft and bell housings for you. Straight swap for you HZ version!

It's the same one, just with the correct length input shaft and bell housing/ clutch assembly. We can just swap those parts too if that works

Input shaft
Bell housing
Clutch assembly
Nose cone

Cheaper to ship than a whole transmission.

I'm not looking for a different tranny, I was hoping to find a CAD file from someone how made an adapter ;)

This is more complex than just changing the input shaft. This is why there is no flood of offers of CAD drawings
And everything sits in the same position as a H engine should in a 7* series.

I don't see why that schold be more complex ? 3cm spacer, clutch from 1hz and the rest from the 12ht...
You can't compare the pzj75 to the normal hzj75. If I swap the H55F from the 12HT in and keep the driveshaft length I will have verry little room at the back of the engine that lifting valve cover already is a ppain in .... ;) So moving the engine 3cm further to the front leaves me more space ther and I still have enough room to work at the fan ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom