Cruise Moab 2018 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if it all ready exists. But is there a 2018 cruise Moab thread to ask basic questions and discus stuff yet?

I am trying to plan if i can make it happen this your. I wanted to get some basic info about trails and weather temps to figure out if i will camp or do a hotel like Motel 6.

EDIT: this thread started as a general question about Cruise Moab 2018 and as become the thread for 2018 Cruise Moab. Enjoy and please ask all questions and share information.

Last edited:
Might as well make this the thread! Maybe rename your thread title to "Cruise Moab 2018" and lets get after it. Let me know what questions you have and I'm happy to answer. Temps during the event are typically in the 80's but sometimes can get cooler if it turns rainy. Can even hit the 90's at times. The desert can be chilly in the morning and a hoodie can be nice in the morning if you're in an open top like a 40, otherwise t-shirts and shorts are common.

Might as well make this the thread! Maybe rename your thread title to "Cruise Moab 2018" and lets get after it. Let me know what questions you have and I'm happy to answer. Temps during the event are typically in the 80's but sometimes can get cooler if it turns rainy. Can even hit the 90's at times. The desert can be chilly in the morning and a hoodie can be nice in the morning if you're in an open top like a 40, otherwise t-shirts and shorts are common.

Thanks Box Rocket. Stupid question. Any idea how i change the thread title? When i go to edit it i only get the option to edit the thread info.

Well i made hotel reservations for the event. My plan is to follow the Kokopelli trail ride in to Moab. Any idea who will be leading this or how quickly it will fill up?

With @rc51kid permission, we made this the Official 2018 CM Thread.

Any thoughts on good trail choices for a first timer in a locked 80 on 33s?
I'm planning to arrive early and leave late, so I'll have time to go run some easy trails alone.

I'm planning to arrive early and leave late, so I'll have time to go run some easy trails alone.

I dont know much about the specific trails but a locked 80 on 33s can be very capable. I have a locked 80 on 33s, full armor and little lift and have taken to a lot of places. Armor and/or body damage become the limiting factor. Driver skill and a good spotter are the real key.

I dont know much about Cruise Moab so take this with a grain of salt. But if you are new to off road and just learning the capability of a locked 80 this can be the perfect event. You will be amazed at what it will do and learn the importance of picking the right lines from a skilled spotter and a good group of experienced guys.

On a side not i am hitting more of the easy trails as well. My plan is the Kokopelli in to Moab and i would love to see Needles district. I just want to have a good time and see some of the beauty of the place.

How challenging do you want it to be? Honestly you can do just about any trail you want. Tech requirements might keep you off of Pritchett Canyon with a 35” tire minimum but otherwise you’ll be able to do whatever you want.

For a Moab first timer I’d suggest Fins&Things or Hells Revenge as one of your first ones. Either one will give you a great warmup to slickrock and the incredible traction. Great scenery and some climbs and drops that will get your heart pumping as a first timer. Neither one is particularly difficult but still some fun challenges.

Poison Spider Mesa is another fun trail that will give you a slightly different terrain than the other two I mentioned.
One of my favorites down there is Elephant Hill in Canyonlands. It’s a full day because of the distance but totally worth it and some of the best scenery you’ll find. The trail has some fun sections and a great hike too.
If you want something kinda mellow, the Arches family run is a lot of fun.
If you want some trails that will test you a bit more, Cliffhanger is a good one. I’m leading Golden Spike on Saturday and that’s a fun trail with some good challenges. It’s another FULL day though. Moab Rim is shorter but will give you a good test and maybe scare you a bit if you’re bothered by off-camber stuff.

I could keep going but honestly it’s hard to go wrong. But if you have a guess as to what kind of difficulty you are looking for, I can get more specific if I haven’t already mentioned it. The nice thing is that Trail Leaders are awesome at the event and will help you get through anything and offer good spotting if you want it.

Has anyone been able to register for Cruise Moab 2018? I see a link to it but i cant complete it. Also the home page still says it will open mid Feb.

I'm going. This will be my first time to Cruise Moab and I'm pretty excited. It'll also be my first time wheeling in Moab. I've always wanted to make this run but life always got in the way. As of right now, I'll be rolling solo unless I can find a buddy to come along.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

They are finalizing the Trail Leaders. The CM Board wanted to have a Leader for each trail before registration opens up.

looks like i'll be making plans make the short 6hr drive! just need registration to open!

Cruise Moab Registration opens up March 1

all registered and camp reservations for May 3-6!!!!. Short 6hr drive from Albuquerque.

Friday 1st: 6 Top of the World
Friday 2nd: 4 Dome Plateau
Friday 3rd: 4 Fins & Things

Saturday 1st: 4 Fins & Things
Saturday 2nd: 4 Dome Plateau
Saturday 3rd: 2 Chicken Corner

Last edited:
Registered! Not sure if I'm going to tow the 80 out or drive it this year.

Thursday: Fins n' Things
Friday: Hell's Revenge
Saturday: Golden Spike

See you guys out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom