Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!!!

Which one should I get?

TJm 30mm or whiteline 27mm heavy duty(2 of them) then white line extra heavy duty?

Would the TJM one be equivalent to whiteline xtra heavy duty because it’s 30mm?

I’m at 6100lbs with a heavy roof rack.

Edit: found from whiteline website that xtra heavy duty is 30mm so think I’ll give TJM one a try since it’s almost 100 bucks cheaper.
Thats what i was thinking.

Ordered the TJM rear, can't wait!

When I ordered 3 days ago, they only had 1 in stock. You might have to wait for a while.

When I ordered 3 days ago, they only had 1 in stock. You might have to wait for a while.

Damn it!!!! TJM isn't known to have any stock here in the US. Guess I have to call them now.

Edit: Here is what they said about stock.
"Not in stock, but TJM says they'll have more ready to ship by the middle of next month. Hope that helps!"

Last edited:
Damn it! Shouldnt have posted the link! Haha, jk. I bought front 4.88 gears instead. More important. Got g2 master install kit and gears for 372. Gotta love the homie hookup.

Im also in the middle of putting together my fab bumpers, so money is more than tight.

Ill order a sway bar next month.

I guess with you guys ordereibg the tjm can install asap, get back to us on how good it is. For 200 shipped(my quote) i can spend 50 more and get the whiteline. Either way, it would be an improvement. Glad i asked about this, you guys are awesome.

Damn it! Shouldnt have posted the link! Haha, jk. I bought front 4.88 gears instead. More important. Got g2 master install kit and gears for 372. Gotta love the homie hookup.

Im also in the middle of putting together my fab bumpers, so money is more than tight.

Ill order a sway bar next month.

Nah, I had it in the cart for over a month. I wanted both front and rear but reading @LandCruiserPhil posts, figured I will try the rear first since it is available.

I still have 1 Brand New in box Front Whiteline Sway bar left in stock. If anyone's interested, drop me a PM. $269 Shipped anywhere in the continental US.
I am still working with Whiteline to run another batch of the rears. We will see what happens in the next couple months.

TJM and ARB are the two 'majors' of the Australian aftermarket 4wd outfitting scene. There's also Ironman, and Opposite Lock, but not sure if they have their own branded swaybars. EFS is another common brand here.

I have original OEM swaybars (cotton reel bush style not ball-joint end style) on front and rear of my 80 (3/92 build) which has 3" lift and 4" Superior Eng 'superflex' radius arms fitted.

Last edited:
Any of you guys have an aluminum LS swap done? Obviously it will change handling and since most people seem to prefer stock front bar and upgraded rear, lightening the front would call for a bigger bar in the rear already, so just looking for experience.

Any of you guys have an aluminum LS swap done? Obviously it will change handling and since most people seem to prefer stock front bar and upgraded rear, lightening the front would call for a bigger bar in the rear already, so just looking for experience.

s*** i wish. I would think, losing weight would improve handeling, but its the weight down low, so the top could feel heavier? I would treat the rear the same as with an ls swap, the front i would leave stock, see how it handles and go from there. Any “lift” will end up taller from all the lost weight, that can change many things.

Do you have this swap done?

s*** i wish. I would think, losing weight would improve handeling, but its the weight down low, so the top could feel heavier? I would treat the rear the same as with an ls swap, the front i would leave stock, see how it handles and go from there. Any “lift” will end up taller from all the lost weight, that can change many things.

Do you have this swap done?

No not yet, and I'm holding off big suspension changes until then but I would like to add a rear bar for now then I'll just reassess after the swap.

I received the TJM rear bar yesterday and installed it last night. I had to grind the ends round to allow movement with the end links. Big improvement on those twisty roads, much less body roll.

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

I received the TJM rear bar yesterday and installed it last night. I had to grind the ends round to allow movement with the end links. Big improvement on those twisty roads, much less body roll.

View attachment 1640199

View attachment 1640200
Sexy. Adds a little bling. Wish i had a sub tank like you to go with it! Might want to paint that bumper though, at least be up on your tetanus shot!

I wonder how long it'll last if you keep flexing it out like that

When I chatted with the guy at NavTec in Moab a year ago, he told me they put a whiteline on one of their rigs in an effort to combat breaking OE rear sway bars at a rate of about 4 per year. He said the bar seems to be holding up fine, but it’s ripped apart just about everything it’s mounted to on the frame (they’ve tried both ways) and it shreds the axle bushings in short order.

When I chatted with the guy at NavTec in Moab a year ago, he told me they put a whiteline on one of their rigs in an effort to combat breaking OE rear sway bars at a rate of about 4 per year. He said the bar seems to be holding up fine, but it’s ripped apart just about everything it’s mounted to on the frame (they’ve tried both ways) and it shreds the axle bushings in short order.
Damn, time for heimed arms at that point, and maybe a antirock. Thats crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom