Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My newest patina project.... haven't even got her off the trailer yet :D She is an early 40/25 mutt.

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

Oh, but these trucks are SWEET!!

Never paint them. Never. Never.

Nine days in the backcountry
0DEA811B-2506-4D3B-BCCF-DF9D8650FF3D.jpeg
121103D6-9821-4A39-9B50-7EFFF8B1EF83.jpeg
The patina blends in here nicely.

Last edited:
Would rust converter be preferable to blasting the frame and powder coating it? I'm really not sure what the structural issues created by ablation versus converted rust would be

Removing a body is the fastest way to
Get in way over your head.

Nine days in the backcountry View attachment 1639634 The patina blends in here nicely.

Blends so well ... I can hardly make out your 45 :) with all that urban camping chic camouflage going on around it :hillbilly:

I that a poptop cruiser in the direction your cruiser is pointing it’s nose to?

Can’t wait for nicer weather here ... snow (and salt) is helping the patina ... but it also sucks :meh:

Removing a body is the fastest way to
Get in way over your head.

I haven't seen any structural damage on the frame yet but it is thoroughly rusty. I can blast it and have it powder coated in just not sure if the rust converter would do the job

Blends so well ... I can hardly make out your 45 :) with all that urban camping chic camouflage going on around it :hillbilly:

I that a poptop cruiser in the direction your cruiser is pointing it’s nose to?

Can’t wait for nicer weather here ... snow (and salt) is helping the patina ... but it also sucks :meh:

If you’ve ever been to an expedition forum (and I’m not recommending you do) you would know my camping gear is anything but chic. $6 Sterlite under-bed storage boxes wouldn’t hit the bottom rung on any expo rags review of acceptable kit, but they’ve passed the 10 year mark in hard trail use for me. :p

I save my money for extra guitar strings.

Don’t know what that other rig was/is. Being camped in the vicinity of a hot springs near a holiday weekend, I had zero expectations of total solitude. I spent my days hiking, mountain biking and reading. Nights around a campfire playing music with friends.

And just in case you think it’s all s***s and giggles camping in DV in the wintertime, we had a two day high wind advisory while I was out there. Gusts up to 50mph. Anything over 25 usually triggers a sandstorm. This is what the inside of my tent looked like after the first of several waves came through.
E868FBEE-AB08-4572-9C5A-672B88715FD5.jpeg

When it’s time to go to sleep, you shake off as much as you can from your immediate surroundings and wrap a blanket around your head.

The sandstorm made a new contribution to the Landcruiser's patina.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom