2007 5.3L ls in 1991 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That fan shroud is nicely done!

That fan shroud is nicely done!
I just started the engine and the fan sucks so much air that paper gets stuck on the grile , it works excellent but will se how it will be when everything gets hot

Last edited:
Did you have to do anything for front driveshaft to trans pan clearance?

Last edited:
Did you flip all the shifter stuff to the drivers side or just flip the bends for the 4l60 stuff?
How did you flip it? Heat and a hammer?

Last edited:
Oh and what cable did you use?

edit. Never mind. I see it was a trail blazer cable.

Last edited:
I replaced transmission oil pan and no problems with clearance i also replaced engine oil pan with 1998 camaro pan

Was it a standard pan? I see on Oreilleys a bunch but all are 6.75" height. Thanks!

Was it a standard pan? I see on Oreilleys a bunch but all are 6.75" height. Thanks!
just google 4l60e shallow pan all you lose one quart off oil but it fits perfect
Swap looks great, it should go well with that aluminum block chev motor. Keep it up you’ll be tuning it in no time
it is cast block i believe it was last year for cast blocks on 5.3
this motor has plenty power for what i use my land cruiser i go to remote areas and far from home my build is geared toward reliability
i already went two times to Baja California cabo san lucas and back through some crazy terrain all over wester USA and last year Colorado engineer pass , Yankee Boy Basin all the way to blue lakes trailhead parking lot + all over surrounding area + i did all Colorado trip in 2 WD my transferase locker motor burned out

4l60e-shallow-vs-deep-transmission-pan.jpg

great info on this thread.

Thanks for posting.

my new addition
before i was using power steering cooler from ford f150 , but i wanted more cooling surface and more oil , so i come up with this idea.
i m using hose hook up from ford f150 cooler it must be cut off , and new cooler is of Volvo xc90
all i did solder tubes to Volvo cooler and it fits perfect in between Toyota frame

IMG_7354.JPG

IMG_7357.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom