Minnesota - 2016 LC for sale - PrePurchase Inspection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spotted this 200 series LC for sale, but I am having a hard time deciding without prepurchase inspection. I even called the local toyota dealer Maplewood, but they want somebody to bring the vehicle as they won't go out to look at it or get it. (In fact, they initially only wanted me to pay cash for the prepurchase inspection and wouldn't accept credit card even though I live outside Philadelphia).

Are there any Mudders close by?
http://www.forestlakechrysler.com/i...and Cruiser/MN/Forest Lake/JTMCY7AJ4G4037738/

I considered this one in my own search as well (I live in the general area) but decided on a 2013 that I found to be a better deal for me. Maplewood Toyota did an inspection for me as well. I would advise having a more enthusiast shop in the area like CarSpecMN take a look at it. They really know these vehicles well.

Forest Lake Auto Group... where we use the same dirty rag to clean every car! TF!

upload_2018-2-21_19-5-4.jpeg

I believe there are many red flags. Correspondence has been prompt but when I asked for pictures of the undercarriage, this is the response

"I spoke to my service department and They aren't going to put it on a rack, they have already done the inspection on the vehicle and feel it's a waste of there time and resources, because everything checks out.
your welcome to have someone come out and inspect the vehicle, but we feel it's a complete waste of your money. The vehicle is a 2016 Landcruiser and why there would be corosion on one of the suspension systems is really unheard of.

Been reading the site for awhile and finally registered to help with this question.

I’ve driven this vehicle, maybe for 10 minutes when I was shopping for a 200 series. I bought a Salsa Red 2013 with 37k instead.

It drove fine. There are a set of Blizzacks mounted on it now and a set of another unknown set of tires ( no wheels) in the back.

I glanced underneath and don’t remember any remarkable frame rust.

I told the salesman about the awful the condition of the photos. Color is way off too.

She told me it came in on a trade in toward a Dodge Durango SRT.

Too bad I can’t be more helpful. The test ride was quick and it was too cold to dig too deep under the car. I did not look under the hood. I wasn’t interested in the car after seeing the color or the second row video monitors in person.

That looks like a literally freezing car that was pulled inside a heated garage to take pictures and the frost/fog appeared.

I believe there are many red flags. Correspondence has been prompt but when I asked for pictures of the undercarriage, this is the response

"I spoke to my service department and They aren't going to put it on a rack, they have already done the inspection on the vehicle and feel it's a waste of there time and resources, because everything checks out.
your welcome to have someone come out and inspect the vehicle, but we feel it's a complete waste of your money. The vehicle is a 2016 Landcruiser and why there would be corosion on one of the suspension systems is really unheard of.

I actually think that response is probably right on point. The car probably is fine. Just ask him to snap a couple cell phone pics of the underneath, to get an idea. You can get a good idea of overall condition with just a few looks, especially on a 2016. Thats a fairly rare color combo, and if you are looking for that, it would be a shame to pass up a good vehicle because of the dealer's service department and poor photography skills.

That is frost inside the cabin without a doubt. The camera will pick up shadows making it look dirty which might be the case to begin with. Just pay a company or if a muder is in the area to take a look. That’s a good price to just pass on it.

I just looked at the actual dealer photos and that is 100% frost. You can look at the radio readout and see they wiped away some of the frost to see the display. If this is the color combo you want, buy it. Great price!

My $0.02 - keep looking

Been reading the site for awhile and finally registered to help with this question.

I’ve driven this vehicle, maybe for 10 minutes when I was shopping for a 200 series. I bought a Salsa Red 2013 with 37k instead.

It drove fine. There are a set of Blizzacks mounted on it now and a set of another unknown set of tires ( no wheels) in the back.

I glanced underneath and don’t remember any remarkable frame rust.

I told the salesman about the awful the condition of the photos. Color is way off too.

She told me it came in on a trade in toward a Dodge Durango SRT.

Too bad I can’t be more helpful. The test ride was quick and it was too cold to dig too deep under the car. I did not look under the hood. I wasn’t interested in the car after seeing the color or the second row video monitors in person.
Ken - I would love to get more information from you. Feel free to email me or PM. I am still interested in this car. I dont' mind the color combination, but I would love to get your thoughts.

I would spend the money on a flight, if you were that interested, and check it out in person. Southern trucks are great, but there is that issue called lots of mileage on them.

Ken - I saw that 2013 posted in Marietta, sold before I could give them a call. Nice job, was a great deal!

Any dealer with that douche response to your inquiry and that crappy of pictures... I'd go find another. They're trying to sell a $55,000, low volume Toyota! I've seen more craps given when buying a $8,000 used VW. Even as a used vehicle, that LC is more expensive than any other car on their lot other than a new Trackhawk.

Comparable, much closer to you, and a seller who cares.
Cars for Sale: Used 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in Fredericksburg, VA 22406: Sport Utility Details - 475485080 - Autotrader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom