2018 pricing??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed, that power gate rocks. I used to think it was for soccer moms too.

Situations I've taken advantage of it being powered:

1) Backing up a small utility trailer that I couldn't see in the side views... Just power it open from the drivers seat, and now I can see it through the back
2) No one closed the hatch after loading and everyone strapped in? No worries, just power it closed from the drivers seat.
3) Suspension lifted in high mode, and I'm in some off camber hilly parking spot. No need to jump to reach the hatch, power her closed!
4) Car camping and sleeping in the rear. Oh, there's no physical open handle from the inside? No worries, I can power her open with the key fob in my pocket.

Regarding the last point, that was a huge miss on the part of Toyota. Both convenience and safety. We're throwing humans in the back row yet there is no mechanical means of egress out the back? What if the side doors are crimped shut in a collision?

To each their own. I personally use the power gate. It's just another convenience, but it would not be a deal breaker to me either way.

As to the price, doesn't sound like a bad price given how well LC's hold their value and how few they import. However, I would still think they would have some more give. Not that the vehicles have changed, and 10,000 miles on a LC ain't squat, but it is now 2 years old with 2018's on the lots and is for all practical matters a used vehicle.

The plus I see is that presumably the manager took care of all maintenance issues timely, records should verify this. Maybe more reliably so than an individual.

Whatever your decision, you'll be glad you bought one when you do.

Price is a bit steep IMO. Guys at ClubLexus have been purchasing new 2017 LX570s with 18k off MSRP. That brings them down to 80K. Not sure what discounts are given on 2017 LC200s, but even back in 2016 I got mine for 84k. Maybe it is the fact that they import more LXs than LCs.

LCs didn't get power lift gates until 2018? Didn't the LX have it since 2008? Holy moly Toyota!

That would be correct. 2008 + LX all had the power gate and the 3rd row power seat. However the seats only power down so you still have to pull the backs up and put them down, and the power gate only the top portion is power the lower is manual. So in both cases there is still some manual effort involved. I never really cared one way or the other, I had the power features on my 11 LX. The only thing I liked about the 11 LX vs the 11 LC was the front and right side camera's the LX came with. With the newer 13+ LCs they all have the camera's I believe 16+ LC is full surround view, which is something I really like on my 17 Armada.

I ordered my 2018 in Nov, MSRP is a little north of 86.5 (Blizzard plus a few accessories), price is 77.5 so a little over 9K discount.

I dickered with one dealer for a couple of weeks but got no joy, went to a second, then the third was the charm. He had a grey one in stock for 77.5 but wife wanted white so he said if I ordered he'd give me the same price despite the upcharge for the paint. Pretty much the easiest negotiation on a new car I've had; we'll see how the closing goes. The ship got into port a few days ago and I am patiently awaiting the call. That grey one, btw, was out of his web inventory a week later so somebody snapped it up.

That first dealer gave me a "no-haggle" price of 83K to start lol. Such a deal!
I ordered my 2018 in Nov, MSRP is a little north of 86.5 (Blizzard plus a few accessories), price is 77.5 so a little over 9K discount.

I dickered with one dealer for a couple of weeks but got no joy, went to a second, then the third was the charm. He had a grey one in stock for 77.5 but wife wanted white so he said if I ordered he'd give me the same price despite the upcharge for the paint. Pretty much the easiest negotiation on a new car I've had; we'll see how the closing goes. The ship got into port a few days ago and I am patiently awaiting the call. That grey one, btw, was out of his web inventory a week later so somebody snapped it up.

That first dealer gave me a "no-haggle" price of 83K to start lol. Such a deal!

Hi, I'm in VA, too...I'm looking at a 2018 LC and wanted to know the dealers you went to and who you ended up getting your business?

I paid $76k plus TT&L and warranty for a 2018 LC without screens.

I really like the power liftgate and soft open lower gate. I have young kids and they can open up and climb into the rear on their own, unlike my 80.

Just paid $76400 for my 2018 white on black. I traded in my black/brown 2016 with those stupid screens. They gave me max blue book for my car. Nobody would match thei price within 500 miles. One dealer had the same rig but wouldn't come down from $78. He said mine had an earlier price structure from Toyota, whatever that means. Couple of differences, power rear hatch, mirrors fold when you lock the door. Same stupid entune system. No rear screens!!

32800 + tax and my 2018 4Runner TRD pro. Had to order it because dealer couldn’t find a classic silver terra no screens.

I’m guessing 2-3 months on order?

32800 + tax and my 2018 4Runner TRD pro. Had to order it because dealer couldn’t find a classic silver terra no screens.

I’m guessing 2-3 months on order?
Are you going 2018 PRO to 2018 LC, or wil your order be for end of year for 2019 LC?

I am going to trade my 17 Taco Pro for a 4Runner Pro. How many miles did you have on yours ?

Are you going 2018 PRO to 2018 LC, or wil your order be for end of year for 2019 LC?

I am going to trade my 17 Taco Pro for a 4Runner Pro. How many miles did you have on yours ?

I am going 2018 to 2018. I have 8k on it now and will def tack a few k on before the LC arrives. I also had a 16 pro in quicksand that I traded towards the 18 in cavalry last fall (paid about 2k including tax on that deal out of pocket). Great truck and they essentially do not depreciate for 2 years which is nuts.

Always wanted a LC and after driving one it was game over. I also will receive any dealer cash or incentives that toyota may announce before my truck arrives so fingers crossed but won't hold my breath on that.

You are a baller :D

Welcome to the 200 series true ballers club :)

I am going 2018 to 2018. I have 8k on it now and will def tack a few k on before the LC arrives. I also had a 16 pro in quicksand that I traded towards the 18 in cavalry last fall (paid about 2k including tax on that deal

I think I finally got a decent deal made on a 2018 LC.
I could not get anyone down to that $76,400k.

I bought the exact spec I was looking for a Silver with black interior no entertainment pkg 2018 Cruiser.
I have to drive about 4 hours Saturday to make the trade.

$77,500 was the last out the door cash price we discussed , I ended up leveraging them with my 2017 Tundra Platinum as my trade in to a $1000.00 better deal then I could come up with locally.

Trading for $35K out the door.
My state collects taxes at the tag office not the dealer so their no TTL in those numbers.

This LC had a couple options the local dealers located LC didn't have.
Remote start and a couple others. So it was really more like a $1500.00 better deal.

Now I just have an all day road trip to deal with this weekend . LOL

LCs didn't get power lift gates until 2018? Didn't the LX have it since 2008? Holy moly Toyota!

Power lift-gate would drive me nuts.

Manual is so quick.

Regarding the last point, that was a huge miss on the part of Toyota. Both convenience and safety. We're throwing humans in the back row yet there is no mechanical means of egress out the back? What if the side doors are crimped shut in a collision?

No interior exit is a goof for sure.

That's why many of us have done this...
Scroll down this page...then call Kurt and Cruiser Outfitters:

LC200 Rear (Interior) Exit Switch Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom